Wood gas stove cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Absolute bargain at that price for sure. I may get one of those myself. Mate has a Bush Buddy I think it's called and that is an excellent performer.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I have a chinese one, had it for just over a year and it's still in one piece. Don't have a 'real' one so can't really make a proper judgement but I'd guess the comment about slightly heavier and poorer build quality are based it truth. The most notable thing for me is the hinged pot supports aren't very well pinned on. But for way less than an original one I can't complain - works well, packs down well. Bung a meths burner in it and you have a pretty versitile setup.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Also have the cheap version of this, if pack space isn’t an issue they work really well and give a hot sustained fire to work with and you get the bonus of the “gas” ring which helps with even heating of a pan.
My only gripe is that they are a bit bulky compared to a honey stove or folding firebox type stove which I tend to prefer.
That said price wise you can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Just watched a YouTube video on these cheapies. They burnt wood pellets and it looked great. Now, where would i get wood pellets from?
[video=youtube_share;VRCuLcyK4wA]https://youtu.be/VRCuLcyK4wA[/video]

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Just thinking..... my mate cragger uses a chillies kettle which works on the same principle. He uses coffee stir sticks from service stations and it works great. Now, how do I start the fire in that little thing :lmao:

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Thanks for that HM. Tried to find some this morning but they only had the gritty stuff. Won't need it anyhow me thinks as I tried twigs and bits of fairly wet wood this morning and my mushy tea was ready in no time whatsoever ;)

Trotsky

Thanks for that HM. Tried to find some this morning but they only had the gritty stuff. Won't need it anyhow me thinks as I tried twigs and bits of fairly wet wood this morning and my mushy tea was ready in no time whatsoever ;)

Wilkos do the cat litter cheap, you get a long consistent burn with them but, you can't really feed it more once it's going. It's more a batch burn job, good for cooking a meal in the evening and still having enough left to make a brew with. For breakfast or a quick fire for a brew alone then twigs are you best bet. Once going the stoves will even burn green wood if need be. I've been known to save the shavings from spoon carving for use in the stove.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The wildstoves wood gas stoves [according to the specs] weigh in at 100 grams, [can anyone confirm that?] my chinese copy, which Ive had for a while weighs 350 grams.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mine has round holes, unlike the ebay one on this thread. Ive had it for a while. Cant remember where i got it.

Last edited:

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Regardless of weight, I did get mine on Wednesday and tried it out a couple of times yesterday, I'm well impressed. The rip of trangia has now been consigned to the shed.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
My wife just put me onto this
https://wildstoves.co.uk/product/wild-woodgas-stove-genuine-mkiit-tall/
i ordered one before I told the masses on here :lmao:

I managed to miss this one until this morning but with minimal grovelling herself has just ordered me one. Thanks for the heads up! I've wanted a woodgas stove for a while but the price for the ones i wanted put me off. As it happens I got a 14cm Zebra in a swap a while back and can make a canvas bag easy enough.

Cheers!

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE