Hobo whisk WIP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Saturday saw me doing my first good deed of the year helping my dad and another chap move the trees at the church dad attends.
Once i had done the heavy lifting (both dad and the other chap are close to 70) i nipped out for a smoke and a whittle as i had seen a whisk carved from the top of Christmas trees over on Instagram and thought it would be interesting to try.
So sat minding my own business on the bench whittling away a chap walks up the path and asks if i am ok. I respond in the positive and no more is said.
Dad and his mate finish what they were doing and we go down to where the trailer is to lash the two trees down.
This unknown chap wanders back down approaches us and says
I thought this gent (gesturing to me) was a down and out so i was going to give him a bag of sweets. Then he wanders off
Dad and his mate burst into fits of laughter whilst i am stood there flabbergasted.

Anyways here is the Hobo Whisk i was working on when the above happened. Its currently lashed with jute to encourage the branches to dry in this position but i think i am going to have to push the lashing down further unless i only want to whisk giant omlettes in massive bowls.
I will also gather some spruce roots to use for the lashing when it is finished20180108_201544.jpg

Great story Sam. The whisk looks good too, will definitely suit your primitive kit collection.
Thanks i am slowly but steadily working on a whole kitchens worth of gubbins

Im doing quite well on my projects this year.
Actually completing them in the same week let alone same month or year as i started them
I may even clear some of the back log....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE