1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We're live with the new forums, have a look around and get settled in.

There have been a couple of members that have had issues logging in, if your password doesn't work use the "Forgot your password" link in the community section. If an email doesn't arrive check your spam box.

Any other issues logging in please contact admin@bushcraftuk.com

We've created a new thread in the Suggestions, Bugs and Feedback forums for you to use to report any issues or give feedback. http://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/new-site-bugs-feedback-questions.147565/

There are a few things we still need to sort out but the forums should be fine so get stuck in.
    Dismiss Notice

CamelWill Kettle - first look

Discussion in 'Member Reviews & Testing' started by Bishop, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Full Member

Spotted on fleabay at the end of last month, arrived today from Hong-Kong (aka Shenzen).
    They were kicking around from several vendors for just £9.99 including postage however I don't know if it's automated pricing robots, a hike of shipping fees or somebody noticed the Zebra was £12 but these Mors style pots are now hovering around £11.50. Mind you that's including postage half way around the planet so still pretty good value.

Weight : 335g , Capacity : 1.2L IMAG2940.jpg
    IMAG2945.jpg IMAG2950.jpg

All stainless construction, there's a strainer inside the pouring spout, the D-ring on the lid has a bend in it so it will always be easy to hook off when hot. If you are into Dutch oven style slow cooked stews or baking it also has a Pie-dish lid for placing hot coals on top. Graduations for 300-500-700ml are stamped on the inside.

Downsides...
    It's exactly the same diameter as an Ikea hobo stove. Pot won't fit inside stove nor will the stove fit inside the pot.
    The lid is not a friction fit, if you drop the pot the contents will escape.
    People will want to borrow it and not give it back

ScottE, copper_head and R.Oliveira like this.
  2. crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly A somewhat settled

That looks a decent bit of kit. Very tempted now.

3. Wayne

Wayne BCUK Welfare Officer
    Mod

I have one that lives permanently in the van. Very tidy bit of kit for a couple of coffees. Not a huge capacity but enough. Build quality is very good for the price.

4. Hammock_man

Hammock_man Settler

aliexpress is showing dearer still. any chance for a link please

5. Wayne

Wayne BCUK Welfare Officer
    Mod

I bought mine from this EBay seller.

Link

6. crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly A somewhat settled

Thanks Wayne. £10.37 posted, I've just hit the button. This will be my coffee pot.