Boot fair bargains?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Right guys. Going to the big Essex boot fair on Saturday if it doesn't rain. Hoping to pick up some bushcraft bargains. Just wondering if any of you have recently picked anything up from boot fairs which you consider to be a bargain.

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Highlander Thermarest ultra for £2.50 and a Highlander 1-2 season doss bag for £2.50 also. Had some mega bargains before.
Our lass goes to them on a regular basis and often brings me goodies back :cool:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
whenever i go its just tat. i get proper depesssed reading some of the boot sale bargain threads. I want to meet lots of thick people who know not what they have but all i seem to get are muppets trying to sell stuff at way over the odds.

on the upside though i always find something to turn into something else that i need but then it goes in the cave and doesnt see the light of day for 10 years :D

Happy hunting :D

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
whenever i go its just tat. i get proper depesssed reading some of the boot sale bargain threads. I want to meet lots of thick people who know not what they have but all i seem to get are muppets trying to sell stuff at way over the odds.

on the upside though i always find something to turn into something else that i need but then it goes in the cave and doesnt see the light of day for 10 years :D

Happy hunting :D

Sounds like we go to the same ones !

Rob

Lyope

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2012
London
www.lyope.com
I went to the car boot sale in Täby Galopp, near Stockholm earlier this month and I got a second hand one of these for 40Kr (less than £4):

-colour-black-colour--3319-p[ekm]229x165[ekm].jpg

(Bushcraft Store linky)

Annoyingly, I didn't know just what an awesome bit of kit it was until I got it home and Googled it - the guy had two of them and I only bought the one!

I also got a knackered old stick tang Mora knife for 2Kr and last week, I hacked off the plastic handle, reground the blade and whacked it into a nice new piece of Elm so I could use it to rough out my spoons before I get out the little carving blades.

I can heartily recommend Swedish car boot sales :cool:

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
A roll of Aluminium foil tape for making pot cozies, a couples of files and a set of trangia style nesting pans / kettle are recent bargain buys. Total £2.80:)

There's been a lot of junk lately though:(

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
A Berghaus Munro, beaten but usable £3. Swedish Army M35 style (the rare 3 pocket ones, I say style as not too sure if it is original.) pack, leather needs attention, £2.50. Brand new bergen side pocket liners and sleep system stuff sack 50p each. Get lucky a fair amount but most of the time its tat!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Nice. Was it a big boot fair you went to.

No oddly it was a little crappy one in a Tesco Carpark, it was on the one and only stall worth investigating amongst the people flogging of kids games with most of the bits missing and the guy selling soaps, I could tell it would be worth investigating ans the proprietor was smoking a pipe.

The big one I go to is Berscough (sp?) that has a mix of tat to serious wonders for sale I got a rather nice Hardys split cane rod for about £3.50 with a reel a few years ago, a Stick welder hardly used for a £5 with full safty kit and tons of other bits and bob's you just have to keep your eyes peeled and learn to recognise what stall's are useful and what others are selling chess set's with 22 missing parts and used kilts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE