Beautiful Evening ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks. That also tells me that you aren't getting our gawd-awful wildfire smoke for now.
General haze and night time light pollution sure is obvious in a city, isn't it?

Wait until you can see the local galaxy from Australia or New Zealand.
Here we see the dusty rim. For them, they look right across the middle of the galaxy.
It really is a near-solid white ribbon of stars. Cluttered, if you ask me.

Reactions: Greenbeard

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Thanks. That also tells me that you aren't getting our gawd-awful wildfire smoke for now.
General haze and night time light pollution sure is obvious in a city, isn't it?

Wait until you can see the local galaxy from Australia or New Zealand.
Here we see the dusty rim. For them, they look right across the middle of the galaxy.
It really is a near-solid white ribbon of stars. Cluttered, if you ask me.

I've laid down in the Namibian desert and been memorized by the southern hemisphere sky at night. It was so black that I couldn't see my hand in front of my face but the stars were like millions of bright LEDs :)

Reactions: Robson Valley

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Deserts are good = dry clear air. Good seeing. Sure as hello gets dark, huh?

I was outback, kind of at the long apex of a triangle of Melbourne and Geelong, back in the late 1960's.
First night, I just happened to glance upwards and damn near fell over. What a sight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE