zippo pouches and possibles pouch added.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
after some great feedback on my previous zippo pouches ive made a few more with some slight modifications in regards to the thread ive used for the stitching and rounding off corners, theyre all now stitched with mock waxed sinew so look a little better than the ones done with nylon thread, ive also been experimenting with embossing the top flaps and have used leaves for a couple which look quite different and an oak leaf on another just for its shape. again im just looking to recover material costs but after the last ones actually cost me money ( as i under estimated the cost of postage ) these ones are going to be £8.70 each ( £5 for materials and £3.70 for the postage ). theyre sold on a first pm basis so ill use the time stamps on the pm's to determine who gets there first as the last ones went faster than i could reply to posts.

100_3539_zpsbad103b0.jpg

100_3540_zps554dfd42.jpg

ive also just finished this possibles pouch which is based on a water canteen, its about 7" in diameter and is made from 3/4 mm wetformed hide with an embossed tribal pattern ( based on one of my tattoos ) on the front of the pouch, the top flap is hinged with rivets, the belt loops on the back will take a two inch belt and the dangler loops will take a 1 3/4" belt, its lined with black baize and is hand stitched with artificial sinew. due to the amount of hide that went into it im looking for £60 including postage. this will be the only one i make with a pattern of the pouch any others i make will be plain.
WP_0003451_zpsb31c8dcf.jpg

100_3552_zps2a8e953a.jpg

100_3551_zps15f2f8b3.jpg

100_3549_zps59c49f79.jpg

100_3548_zps4abad0e3.jpg

Last edited:

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
Love the zippo pouches Jim great stuff. As I said it was my own misunderstanding about the pouches so feel free to sell them ;)

thats cool mate, but ive already given one as a gift to a mate of mine and the other im planning on keeping so as to have something to compare my own progress to. i do have an idea im going to be working on over the next week though so watch this space lol!

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
Top centre leaf pouch still available as is number 1&2 in bottom picture as number three is now sold.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
this is a picture of the back, theyre fixed with a single rivet and fit a maximum of a 2" belt as most belt loops on trousers tend to be 1 1/2" ( well craggys are anyways ).
100_3541_zps732c305b.jpg

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
It would be a tight fit but I reckon it would yes. If it doesn't just send me it back.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
That's great thanks for letting me know, any feedback you may have good or bad is very welcome as is any suggestions on improving the design, finish etc.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
cheers for the comments guys! final leaf pouch now gone, just two more zippo pouches and possibles pouch left, may well be interested in a trade for the pouch, why?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE