Zip off combat trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Ok, first off I am short. 28" leg.
I really like my Regatta Action trousers but the quailty seems to have changed. Also I fancy zip offs, so any recommendations?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Craghoppers do a pair called Kiwi in short leg but I think they're 30".. I use "Blousing Bands" on my pants to shorten em, keeps the crawlies out too

0575_lg.jpg

Basically they're elastic bands that go around your ankle or boot top and you tuck your trouser leg into them from underneath

• 1.Put trousers and boots on as normal.

• 2Wrap the elastic boot bands around the outside of your boots between the first and second speed lace hook. The hook will prevent the band from creeping over your boot and onto your leg. Boot bands are small bungee cords with hooks at each end. They are available at most Army/Navy stores or online vendors.

• 3Fold the cuff of your trousers in and up, toward your leg, and tuck the cuff up between the boot band and the boot. The boot band will be between two layers of trouser material and not visible.

• 4Adjust the cuff of your trousers around the boot so the blousing spreads evenly around your leg.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Actually the problem is not so much the length but the fact that the leg pockets seem to sit on my knees.

The Regatta Action Trousers come in 29" and their leg pocket sits just above my knee.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Hi Liam, Have a look at Trespass. I got a pair in the sales for £15 - zip offs. Not bad quality once I'd resewn a couple of buttons. They do a short size too. Cheers. PS - I'm of the legendary 32" waist

Last edited:

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Went for the Kiwi zip offs from Craighoppers. Interesting thing the quality is fantastic, fit really nice.

Ok, here the weird thing these are 28" my regatta actions are 29" and fit but the Kiwi's need turning up?

That said the knee pocket which sits above the knee perfectly is bang on, only wish there were two.

It took three days to work out were all the pockets were they is a very clever one somewhere.

Thanks as always for the advice.

That said if anyone else has any other ideas?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE