Zip lock bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stone monkey

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2015
east yorkshire
Hi all, i have long been a fan of cooking scrambled eggs and omelette in a zip lock bag, and also using them to carry and cook decanted tinned food. mainly to save on fuel, pan cleaning and so i can use the water for a brew. Has anyone got their own take on cooking in these bags ?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Ahhh... like sandwich bags... I get it now. I thought it was some new gizmo type thing I'd never heard of when you said you cooked eggs in them. I want to see that now... anything to stop me burning food is a bonus.

My lad can cook on a stove and have very little clean up afterwards. Me, I'm scrubbing away for ages trying to remove what should have been my dinner from the bottom of the pan.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I often use Mylar bags now. Pretty cheap online and can make dried foods last a long time by all accounts. But you can put basically a full meal in them before you go and reheat on boiling water. Would be even better if I had a dehydrator but they work great for what they do

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I use Costco for genuine Ziploc bags though you have to buy in packs of 6 I think? I get through them pretty quick and use both the quart and gallon sizes.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I got frustrated by food gunk that gets stuck in the Zip so it doesn't Lock.
At best, the Zip part is so stiff I can't fold it down. At best, I can't press the air out without messing the ZipLock grooves.
Long, long ago went back to plain plastic bags and twist ties = I can press out the air and tie off/cut the tops.

At home, I usually cook for 6-8 people. Just me and I freeze all the rest in meal-sized pieces.
Going out, my little butane stove and a selection of yummy stuff from the freezer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE