Zebra Billy too small..?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Evening.

So I'm looking for a cooking pot similar to Zebra's billy cans but something around the 5L mark. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It needs to cook up evening stews and casseroles for 4 large, hungry men. I don't think the Zebra billy 16cm (3.5) would be big enough, but then again do tell me if I'm wrong there from your experience.

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question..

Thanks

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
+ 1 for the No 2 set, the steels relatively thin, not weak just you get hot spots so you need to stir a lot more than with a similar sized ally pan.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Thanks for the replies guys.

Shame those evernew pots don't come big enough, they look great. That army one looks good to, if a little bit too large..

Tatonka 6L pot looks pretty much perfect. Thanks for the posts.

Anyone heard of safety issues using large bottomed pots over a gas stove? I read somewhere about the heat reflecting back down and heating up the gas can..

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Cover the gas canister loosely with ally foil with the shiny side out to reflect the heat away - I used this method in the past without mishap :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE