Zebra Billy group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
match said:
I'm contemplating buying myself a Zebra Billy, as my current billy can is a bit battered these days.

Question is - what size to go for?

A quick look at the Zebra homepage gives me capacities and sizes:

10cm = 700ml
12cm = 1.4l
14cm = 2l
16cm = 3l

(all pots are approx 2cm taller than their diameter - e.g 10cm pot is 11.8cm tall).

I reckon that the 12cm one would probably suit me best, as I'll mostly be cooking for myself, but occasionally for 2 folk - but I was looking for people's own experiences - did you buy the 16 but never use it more than half-full? Did you buy the 10cm and wish you'd gone a wee bit bigger - any comments gratefully accepted :)

I actually did: got the 10cm ... It'll do for solo use, but I find it a pitty I can't really use the steamer tray (as it is wee bit too small :( - it doesn't fit my hamburgers :rolleyes: ). So would be most interested in a 12 cm :naughty: ;) Also makes a bit more brew :beerchug:

EDIT: John (MagiKelly) - if you're no longer interested in your 12cm billy, let me know ;) :D I'll be happy to get it off your hands :naughty:

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
I think I'll go for a 12 then - I'll probably order one now just to get it soon, as I'll need it for a trip in a week or so ideally.

Thanks for the info!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have had several Pm's asking what info I have on Zebra's.

As I said in my last post, if someone is going to run a group buy please PM me for the info.

Now, in view of this being ignored, until I see that someone is going to run this please dont ask, as I do not want the importer over loaded with calls, all this will do is to cause a problem with the actual group purchase.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

I have to be fair with everyone and give all a fair chance of securing the best possible price. :)

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi Chopper,

Sorry if this thread, I started, has caused you some irritation, it wasn’t my intention. The note you put on your initial message was very clear and I can only apologise if some users have chosen to ignore it.

My lame intention was to provoke someone, who hadn’t previously thought of it, to initiate a group buy of an item which seems to be a fundamental of all our interests, but as it hasn’t happened – moderators – would it be advisable to remove this thread, if only to put an end to Choppers nuisance PM’s

AJB

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
AJB said:
Hi Chopper,

Sorry if this thread, I started, has caused you some irritation, it wasn’t my intention. The note you put on your initial message was very clear and I can only apologise if some users have chosen to ignore it.

My lame intention was to provoke someone, who hadn’t previously thought of it, to initiate a group buy of an item which seems to be a fundamental of all our interests, but as it hasn’t happened – moderators – would it be advisable to remove this thread, if only to put an end to Choppers nuisance PM’s

AJB

Still not sure why you can't run this yourself. Chopper will give you the contact you need. After that it does not take that much time. All you are doing is sending an email to the supplier then creating a list from those that post.an order, receiving money and placing the order.

I do not man to sound harsh but you did raise your head over the parapet when you started a thread urging someone else to organize a group buy so you could get a cheap billy can :)

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Quite simply, I work an 11 hour day, commute 4 – 4.5 hours a day, have family commitments at the weekends and I’m about to start a new job which will mean more of a commitment. What little time I have to myself – I sleep.

As I said in my original message, I don’t have time to put in the considerable effort this takes to sort out a group buy. Your “All you have to do” list missed out packaging them all and distributing them and if you think that is a quick job just ask some of the people who have been noble enough to undertake this job for all our benefits.

“I do not man to sound harsh but you did raise your head over the parapet when you started a thread urging someone else to organize a group buy so you could get a cheap billy can” – My intention was allow everyone in the forum to benefit from a group buy, you do sound harsh and I don’t like your tone, it’s not what I’m used to from this forum.

MODERATORS, IF I HAVE ANY SAY IN IT PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD, I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT ANYMORE.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I haven't personally benefited from them, but I have seen that Magikelly has organised not just one but several group buys, so he does speak from considerable experience, and I can see his point.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Ahh well, I’m just a sh#t for suggesting it, I apologise for making a suggestion.

I didn’t realise the forum had undergone such a critical change over Christmas – not the kind of place I want to be anymore.

Bye

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
AJB said:
Ahh well, I’m just a sh#t for suggesting it, I apologise for making a suggestion.

I didn’t realise the forum had undergone such a critical change over Christmas – not the kind of place I want to be anymore.

Bye

It would be silly to leave this forum over a single post I made. I did include a :) in my post to indicate that it was a slightly tongue in cheak suggestion but with a serious note.

As already posted I have run a number of group buys (150 hammocks, 75 insect nets, 25 tarps as well as 40 PocketWrenches on BB, Oh and a Ghost ring group buy where I had to refund the money because the supplier let me down). What I was trying to get across, not just to you, is that organizing group buys is not as hard as it seems. my post was meant to encourage others to try running them, to all our benefit.

My post has failed in this department but please do not let it put you off of this forum. One post out of thousands is hardly cause to leave.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
buffalobill said:
just ordered a 12cm one from culinox - hopefully they'll have that size in stock.

they didn't have the 12cm ones on the website when i ordered so they must have just come into stock. I just phoned up to check stock and ordered one so hopefully you'll get yours too. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE