Zebra Billy group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi

I know this is a cop out, I don’t have the time or contacts to do this, but I wondered if anyone had considered doing a Zebra Billy group buy? I’m sure there would be a lot of interest.

AJB

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I am sure if you do a search through the threads there was a posting of a really cheap Uk supplier. Their prices make a group buy a waste of time. I got one from them and it was a few £ only. I think their prices might have gone up but they would still be hard to beat.

Oh and the rule is if you think of a group buy you have to run it :p

buffalobill

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2005
Wales
AlbeoLupus said:
numpty question

wot is it?

andy :cool:

loop_hdauto.gif

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Zebra.jpg

Made this about a year ago - didn't checked if the prices are still the same, but it gives you an idea. I know the Woodlore prices have changed (same price for a 14 or a 16cm billy)

I'm with John (MagiKelly) regarding the groupbuy, though if one is started I'm definately in with 1 or 2 (depending if my mate is interested).

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
cullinox look the answer but curiously they are a trading arm of stockpots who don't charge postage ;)

Brian said:
Hi,

try http://www.culinox.co.uk they appear quite good, I'm not sure about postage as I haven't used them myself. Hope this helps mate, they also have the billy tea pot which looks nice.

Brian

MagiKelly

Brian said:
Hi,

try http://www.culinox.co.uk they appear quite good, I'm not sure about postage as I haven't used them myself. Hope this helps mate, they also have the billy tea pot which looks nice.

Brian

I fancy the 10cm cup with lid, although I wonder if the lid of my 10cm Billy would fit it.

Also if you add the mug and lid to your cart the price shows us as £12.99 not £7.99. If you add the mug without the lid the price shows up as £- so that seems like a bargain :)

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
If anyone chooses to run a group buy, please PM me as I have some info that I do not want to post as it could cause the importer to meltdown if everyone calls him asking for trade prices. :)

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
I'm contemplating buying myself a Zebra Billy, as my current billy can is a bit battered these days.

Question is - what size to go for?

A quick look at the Zebra homepage gives me capacities and sizes:

10cm = 700ml
12cm = 1.4l
14cm = 2l
16cm = 3l

(all pots are approx 2cm taller than their diameter - e.g 10cm pot is 11.8cm tall).

I reckon that the 12cm one would probably suit me best, as I'll mostly be cooking for myself, but occasionally for 2 folk - but I was looking for people's own experiences - did you buy the 16 but never use it more than half-full? Did you buy the 10cm and wish you'd gone a wee bit bigger - any comments gratefully accepted :)

MagiKelly

I have a 10cm which is okay for solo but can be a bit small. I also have the 12cm and 14 cm I go when they were on special offer but I have never really used them. In fact i think the 14cm is still in the box. I think you would probably be best with the 12cm one but as always it is a balance between size and convenience.

If you are going to be at a meet up soon you can have a look at mine and we can probably agree a deal as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE