Youtube videos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi Will,

Spent years directing pro presenters and actors who would struggle to do a piece to camera that long without screwing up - good stuff. Perhaps the odd close up of some bits a pieces next time and it's good that you assumed that your audience aren't muppets (you know, like the BBC used to) but that doesn't mean you can't explain stuff a little deeper, perhaps that you're interested in.

It's the first time I've seen a millbank bag on video and not a still and I didn't realise they were so compact - I have to have one now - where can I get one? :)

Great effort

Andy

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Excellent vids. One thing though and this is not a critisim just an observation; when you mention your brew kit you only point out your hexi cooker, water bottle and cup. Where do you keep your tea/coffee/sugar/whitener/hot chocolate?

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi all:

AJB: Cheers!! I pride myself on being able to do speech off the cuff, they were both first takes with no script so cheers! as for the millbank bag , the only place is endicotts of Exceter, and they'll be good and cheap!!

Chris G: What I failed to mention wasa that my skeleton kit doesn't include any rations, because I pack the amounts accordingly to how long i'm going to be out, this is where I keep the tea!

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
You do a good job of explaining. I think you're off to a good start. You present good information and you don't trip over your words.

Don't be afraid to put yourself in the frame. Video is a great medium. The static photo type shot is good for the beginning to give an overview. With video you have the option of changing the camera angles and moving in closer. The magic is always in the editing.

Mac

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Wilderbest, in you video of skeleton kit. What sleeping bag is that you have (you say its a mountain equipment classic 100, but I can only find the classic 1000 - same thing?) and what bergen do you use?

You and I seem to have the same skeleton kit, but I like your sleeping bag, but wonder what you carry this all in?

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
bergan is a british army began, and i'm not sue they make the classic 100 anymore....but most down bags will pack down to that size!

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I too enjoyed yer vids, very articulate, good man.
icon12.gif

I liked the vids and am well impressed that they were first takes and your first attempts for YouTube.

One bit of advice (not criticism of the vid) is that you may want to consider packing the millbank bag in a resealable plastic bag to stop the rest of your kit getting wet, I also keep a small krab attached to mine which helps with hanging it up when in use.

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
bushcout1: cheers that's a really good idea, never been a problem before because I've always had long enough to dry it out but for shorter journies that's a fab idea!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE