Youtube typecast!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
I knew the ones you were talking about. My statements stand; many of those aren't the subculture but rather the mainstream here. Probably not the conspiracy thoeries but DEFINITELY the Obama theories are mainstream.

You're quite right that their views are completely different to the average European though. TBH the average American thinks of the average European as somewhat Marxist.
hi santaman ,i'm am average American and also belive with your above statement and also think ALOT of europeans are American haters for one reason or another aswell... by the way we have our own home grown American haters and do'nt need any help from our euro brothers and sisters LOL!...vince g. 11B INF...

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
hi santaman ,i'm am average American and also belive with your above statement and also think ALOT of europeans are American haters for one reason or another aswell... by the way we have our own home grown American haters and do'nt need any help from our euro brothers and sisters LOL!...vince g. 11B INF...

It is not so much as Europeans hate Americans its more that we don't understand them or how they think. They seem the same as us in so many ways but then say and do the oddest things. I don't think it helps that European idiots are happy to sit in front of the TV and do nothing all day whereas American idiots insist on getting involved with stuff they have no true understanding of ie Religion and politics. On paper it should be a good thing to be more involved with society the reality is you have simple minded people forcing agendas on how the country works and not for the better.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The few I've seen contain somebody talking for ten minutes or longer to show something that takes five seconds to do.

Here you go then,here's one with no talking at all and only 1min 49 seconds:cool:.
[video=youtube;sgwYlGHZPlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwYlGHZPlY&list=UURdd L3mkjOvJ3tAtVHpW-XQ[/video]

comments welcome ( I think!:bluThinki)

cheers

Steve

ps: I don't get conspiracy theory stuff in my suggestions thing either

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Here you go then,here's one with no talking at all and only 1min 49 seconds:cool:.
[video=youtube;sgwYlGHZPlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwYlGHZPlY&list=UURdd L3mkjOvJ3tAtVHpW-XQ[/video]

comments welcome ( I think!:bluThinki)

cheers

Steve

ps: I don't get conspiracy theory stuff in my suggestions thing either

That's more like it, no pfaffing about! Short, sharp, to the point and doesn't require any speakers to listen to it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Have you guy's noticed that everytime you check out a bit of youtube bushcraft related stuff, you end up with a load of conspiracey theory/rambo survivalism nonsense in the righthand recommended column! It's very disconcerting i feel.. Especially when I see bushcraft as a legitamate environmental activity. It's not going to do much for bushcraft (think, prospective land owners/buddies you want to show what we do/wives/employers/employees/parents of youngsters etc.) I suppose it's just a computery thing, but it is rather annoying! Why do I want Nazi pyramids under the antarctic related to ray mears skinning a moose????? Maybe it's just me? Maybe I shouldn't go on youtube after a couple of glasses of wine!:pirate:
Peace.

Lot of people see survivalism and conspiracy research as legitimate too; I really can't see how 'bushcraft' is any more a legitimate interest than they are?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It is not so much as Europeans hate Americans its more that we don't understand them or how they think. They seem the same as us in so many ways but then say and do the oddest things. I don't think it helps that European idiots are happy to sit in front of the TV and do nothing all day whereas American idiots insist on getting involved with stuff they have no true understanding of ie Religion and politics......

How is it possible to NOT have an understanding of politics? All politics starts with the individual. For that matter so does religion.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
People can I please remind you all to keep within the rules of the forum regarding politics and religion. Should this thread carry on the way it's headed I may be forced to close and delete it. As always thank you for your cooperation and understanding

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bushcraft as defined by member Stewart

[video=youtube;VxvVfgx9PBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxvVfgx9PBU[/video]

Serious hat in use too.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Google(which is youtube) suggested feature and search features are based upon the searches of other people. Typically if you go on a bushcraft video, suggested videos will be more bushcraft videos. However if someone wants to survive a zombie apocalypse so visits a bushcraft channel and immediately watch some cheesy documentary about Nazi's or the Illuminati or something it will appear in your suggested videos. It sounds strange but I can assure you a lot of people look up bushcraft videos (particularly the more popular ones or ones given easy to understand titles i.e. 'Best Axe!!!!' rather than a 'review of xxx axe') do so entirely because they buy into world conspiracy theories... chemtrails, jews, alien queen of Britain etc and want to prepare themselves for the collapse of society.
And by them I mean those awesome Americans

As has been said its all about the links. Bushcraft video viewers in the USA tend to be Republicans who are also very religious this leads to all sorts of sub culture interests that are nothing like what the average European Bushcrafter is into.

People can I please remind you all to keep within the rules of the forum regarding politics and religion. Should this thread carry on the way it's headed I may be forced to close and delete it. As always thank you for your cooperation and understanding

In my opinion, the thread was not derailed for religion and politics. It was derailed for American bashing, just saying. ; )

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You need to quote the posts before and after those to get the tone of the conversation though.

Tbh, it's a niggly thread, neither pleasant or fun to read.

It might disappear.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE