Your very best chutney recipe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I should probably expand on the post - I'm having a home made Christmas this year and a few friends are very fond of a good chutney. I made a plum chutney a few months back that was very nice but the recipe put a lot of vinegar in it and it was rather strong.

I do like a good plum chutney. Though I tried the M&S windfall chutney recently - very nice.

Any appley ones Red?

All the best
Andy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
PM me your address and I will post a jar of the bosses Green Bean Chutney with recipe. She merged her Gran's recipe with My Mum's recipe, which was, in turn a fusion of her Mum's and Aunts recipes. So it's got a pretty good pedigree and is, in my opinion, the best chutney I have ever had (just don't tell my mum I said that)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
PM me your address and I will post a jar of the bosses Green Bean Chutney with recipe. She merged her Gran's recipe with My Mum's recipe, which was, in turn a fusion of her Mum's and Aunts recipes. So it's got a pretty good pedigree and is, in my opinion, the best chutney I have ever had (just don't tell my mum I said that)

I forgot to say your chutney arrived! Very nom. Much appreciated bud!
Andy

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Green tomato chutney. It's my grandma recipe. Use it when the tomatoes haven't ripened properly. If you want to know more ill post the recipe. Feel a bit itlalian now. Lol. Papa Antonio's tomato chutney!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE