Your most sentimental piece of kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Thanks for the compliments guys. Here's a couple more...

21JULY200843.jpg

21JULY200842.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks for the compliments guys. Here's a couple more...

Lovely pics and a very nice bit of kit :)

I once had a shemagh which I was very attached to, it was twice as long as the usual British Army one and it accompanied me on all my travels being used as a scarf, hat, shopping bag, towel, bed sheet, etcetera.

Sadly I had a small accident in Sweden and at somepoint between driving into a tree and waking up in a hospital bed with a head full of metal it vanished. Its the only bit of gear I was really sad to lose, even having my AW Woodlore (temporarily) confiscated by the Turkish police didn't bother me as much.

:(

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
This is a bad thread topic for me, I form strong emotional attachments to my kit, its embarrassing.

This last week I did a river kayak trip with my brother. At one point he was fishing and I was shooting some video. It started to rain and I headed back to the tarp, it was about 6:30 PM anyway and I was hungry.

The next morning I couldn't find my hat. Understand this wasn't just a thing that covers my head... this was my HAT! I even dumped out my already packed drybag to make sure it wasn't in the bottom. THINK! When was the last time you saw THE HAT? Conundrum, you don't actually see a hat you're wearing, maybe just the rim up there at the edge of your vision. Backtrack, we're on an island, it couldn't have gone far.

Later I headed out to where we had been fishing and there, perched on a rock... was my dew soaked HAT. I was like, "Wilson! I'm sorry..."

Things that affect me the most: My favorite machete sheath, my leather gloves, and my Hat.

img3275gi4.jpg

img1888.jpg

Mac

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
My little kettle, I love my cups of tea without added ash, which you tend to get from boiling water in a billy, no matter how hard you try to keep the lid on.

BIGWOLFY

Dec 18, 2008
west coast of scotland
I am torn between my old sheath knife a Bowie style knife which i have had since i was 12 and sitll ues to this day. And my farthring laws Sgian Dudh that he gave to me, His last form of defence as the theories surrounding the Sgian Dubh go, I am very attached to both of them.

"QUOTED From Wikipedia"
(The name comes from the Gaelic sgian dubh meaning "black knife", where "black" may refer to the usual color of the handle of the knife. It is also suggested that "black" means secret, or hidden, as in the word blackmail. This is based on the stories and theories surrounding the knife's origin and the meaning of "Dubh" in Gaelic, in particular those associated with the Highland custom of depositing weapons at the entrance to a house prior to entering as a guest. Despite this practice, a small twin edged-dagger, ('Mattucashlass'), concealed under the armpit, combined with a smaller knife, ('Sgian dubh'), concealed in the hose or boot, would offer an element of defence or of surprise if employed in attack. An alternative theory is that the name is derived from the use of bog oak as a handle for the knife, with bog oak traditionally being a black colour.)

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
My old Ithaca Model 37 20 guage that I've had for 30 years and a very old bird field guide that was given to me by some friends back in the 70s. My most treasured piece of kit, though, is my binoculars.

stevee

Apr 24, 2009
Kent
Excellent thread!!!

I don't have a treasured piece of kit cos I alway seem to find something better to replace it. But saying that the woods I go to means a lot to me, I've been going there since I was five years old, and 33 years later I still love the place!

I've just replaced my knackered pair of CAT boots with a new pair of berghaus, so hopefully these will be my new treasured piece of kit!

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
a Very emotive thread.

For me its my Tilley hat and my Blackthorn thumb stick.

My wife mocks my panic attacks when I can't leave the house without my hat and my thumbs stick has banged its haft alover the UK. I made it myself but everywhere I go someone tries to buy it off me.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
I have to say it must be my Tilly hat and Leatherman tools .
As my mate GB says I really should get a job testing them..
As i have managed to break every leatherman I have at some piont and wear out not 1 but 2 Tilly hats over the few years. LOL

thank god for the life time guarantee
bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE