Your favorite 'Makers Market' purchase?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
We've got some very talented craftsmen/woman, artisans, in the Makers Market.

Whats your favorite item you've had made by one of the BCUK Makers?

[Could be an axe, knife, leather belt, tarp, grill, anything really]

I really like this possibles pouch that Richard, Black Sheep made for me recently;

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mighty Fine work. Anyone else got any of our makers work they think deserves to be celebrated?

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
This is a very difficult one, like when they ask you on Desert Island Discs which of your ten records would you save if you could only have one? But a month or so ago I took delivery of a Hillbill "Eagle", and it's come immediately to be the knife I reach for every time. One of those things you sometimes get and are then flummoxed as to how you ever made do without it :)

Review to come in the next few days, but here she is:

P1040637_1024x768_zps7469d3f7.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lance Ockenden Light Bushcrafter

Sold it when I was hard up and regretted it ever since

I've had some superb kit from the makers over the years, leatherwork from Luckylee, knives and more leatherwork from Dougster, stoves from barethrills etc etc

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Not strictly off the makers market, but from a maker has got to be my mark hill eagle knife

Actually bought off the market Is my bilmo axe and saw case

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lance Ockenden Light Bushcrafter

Sold it when I was hard up and regretted it ever since

I've had some superb kit from the makers over the years, leatherwork from Luckylee, knives and more leatherwork from Dougster, stoves from barethrills etc etc
Some stunning things to salivate over in this thread, but that knife does get the old amygdala twitching in pleasurable ways. I can see why you're gutted about selling it.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Another vote for Bilmo, this time for a bushshirt that I got from him, albeit in a Christmas brantub. I wear it often and it is superb.

Not sure if I have a picture. I will have a look.

Edit: Found one, though not great. being worn under a jacket here. A go-to piece of kit for me when warmth is needed.
8207387288_85d89334e4_b.jpg

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Another vote for Bilmo, this time for a bushshirt that I got from him, albeit in a Christmas brantub. I wear it often and it is superb.

Not sure if I have a picture. I will have a look.

Edit: Found one, though not great. being worn under a jacket here. A go-to piece of kit for me when warmth is needed.
8207387288_85d89334e4_b.jpg
Ekkk, there's something 'orrible sticking out the top of that shirt! Oh sorry it's yerself!:eek: Only kidding, you do look comfy in that picture, looks like it was a day of cloud bursting!

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ekkk, there's something 'orrible sticking out the top of that shirt! Oh sorry it's yerself!:eek: Only kidding, you do look comfy in that picture, looks like it was a day of cloud bursting!

You are right about the something horrible, but the wife likes it so I keep it. :)

Pic was a test shot for the hammock chair, hence me looking posed.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Its nice to see a bit of my work on here... cheers guys :)

Mac, look forward to hearing your opinions on the Eagle mate. :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This year its been a Bilmo Bandanna - superb, functional man sized thing. Not some silly flimsy small cotton hanky, but a UV protecting metre wide, really functional item.

I haven't got a HIllBill knife so can't join that club :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE