Your COMPLETE Setup - Pictures Please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

Burbidge

Often on this site you see pics of knives or of single packs but I would like to see your complete set up in one picture if possible, I think it would be interesting to see what everybody uses. Unfortunately I have no camera so can't start this off but I would appreciate somebody taking the plunge! :eek:
Cheers
James :camping:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
ere you go,For a night up to a couple, sleeping bag,bivvi bag, tarp,ruck, metel cup,two litre bottles, cooker,fire lighting kit, sewing thread and needle, mapcase,compass,whistle,sak,fixed blade knife,folding saw,tourch,head tourch+batts for both,cylume holders to mark bed and pee spot, first aid kit,and food as appropriat,cooking kit to be replaced with hobo when finished. anything you want to know more about just ask.
DSCF2931.jpg

DSCF2932.jpg

DSCF2933.jpg

if i'm going hammocking i'll chuck in a ponco liner as an under blanket:)

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
May be a little while as I'm prepping the house for the in laws who are gonna be here this weekend, but I'll get pics up as soon as I can.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
gear_bag_004.jpg

Here you go, although this doesn't even scratch the surface, I could fill a room with all the 'bushcrafty' and 'outdoorsy' gear I have scattered around the world. :)

(A break down of everything in this picture and lots of similar pictures from other members can be found here).

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Excuse my ignorance Southey but on the first picture why the plaited rope that is resting on a tarpey sort of fabric?

I've never photographed any of my kit before and do wonder why people do it. It does seem to me that some of you had the photograph already taken. Nothing wrong with it just curious.

Of course my kit would not look quite so bushy being more of a wlker / backpacker type and only on the ege of bushy stuff. Would only really have sack, tarp, pegs, guys, primus can top stove with can and vargo Ti-lite pot. Then I'd have a quilt, TAR and silk liner (TAR pillow as I'm a softy when it comes to kip comfort). Then water bladder. Long handled spoon. Opinel No 8 (I think). Head torch (BD cosmos or spot whichever is most powerful). I will probably have a change of boxers if longer than a few days. If cool a pair of long johns to sleep in. And that is it. Ear plugs if someone is in a nearby tent or if windy. ~I doubt you need much more than that really if just backpacking but I guess you lot will be in the woods doing stuff and not just going from A to B then on through the alphabet (as boring as that can be :D ).

Stopped taking a mug and UCO mini tealight lantern as never used it and the mug is now my pot, don't need both.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
No woorys chap, i just have all my kit to hand so emptied it out, the rope is I think its called purlon? i'll have a look, i always have quite a bit in my pack as a habit, and a lenght already cut for a ridge line, i'll get a better pic, I was given a roll of a fair few hundred meters worth, If you do take pics, it only takes a minuet to upload them straight to photobucket, once you get the hang of it.the tarpy stuf is my sleeping bag,it's a buffalo 3 season.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Sorry i miss read your question a bit. i use the long rope to lower my pack down slopes i don't feel confident in being able to decend with it on, and it's always nice to have a length of rope with you. it doesent weigh that much, but then i'm not looking at light weight kit. i hope that helps.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Fair enough. Questions answered. I could photograph all my stuff but in typical style it is all over the place. My packing technique involves looking in every room of the house and packing whatever kit I find that suits the purpose. If I can't find the best option I just find the best I can. I've taken disorganisation to a new level. I also end up packing my bag and thiniking its too light so I go and add a load of extras for now reason. then I remember whaat aa really have forgotton but still leave the extras in. Probably explains why I can't get below 8kg despite have in UL gear.

B

Burbidge

Cheers for the replies guys, some nice kit knocking about there! bert333 I am not going anywhere specifically was just interested in what people use and a picture is easier to compare than a list IMO because often with the lists I have to look up what the kit is on other websites! Cheers

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/chinook220/response pack/responsepack.jpg

starting at the top of the picture, hopfully you will see a silver waterproof cover this is stored at the rear of the pack in the velcro pouch.

To the right of the pack are three lightsticks one of which is a blacklight. (veiwed by NVG's).

under these are a monocular (in the black pouch) in the DPM bag is a Stowaway shirt made of parachute silk.

under these items are a millbanks bag on top of which is a black water carrier and a sewing kit.

in the blue bag at the top is my medical kit whithout FFD's which i carry about my person.
in the silver tin is my Combat survival tin. The orange card is for signalling, at the bottom centre is a military issue Firefly (strobe signalling unit.)

i think that covers the main items.

regards mark

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
responsepacknew.jpg

Here is MK2 with metal mug, emergency rations, RAF emergency water carrier. I will try to lay it all out again soon as it has changed again since.

regards mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE