'You must wait 60 seconds between messages'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
Hi Folks,

Just a little error report I've encountered. I'm trying to email a member through their profile, which i have accessed through their 'name' hyperlink at the head of a PM.
I am able to populate the subject and body of the email template OK, but upon clicking send I just receive the message i mentioned in the title.

In spite of not having previously sent a email or PM before doing this.

Can anyone suggest a workaround please? I need to contact a member who by the looks of their profile, has not been active on the site since June - hence the email.

Thanks!!!

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Ah well. Worth a try. I think the "you must wait 60s" is flood control - to stop an individual (spammer) sending loads of messages in quick succession - there's obviously something wrong with it. Can you send a PM instead?

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
That's definitely what it is - but in this case I'm not one of those!!!!

PM is no good - I would normally but the dude in question has been absent for a month.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I get an email notification if I receive a PM. I think that's set to on by default but your recipient may have it turned off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE