You know you're into Bushcraft too much when...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
...you see the letters GB and instead of thinking, "Great Britain," you think "Gransfors Bruks"!

22.gif

Any others?

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
...you fancy a cup of coffee so you set up your tinder, your fuel, pull out your firesteel and knife, make a nice little pot hanger, fill your saucepan from your water bottle and only remember you're in the office when the fire alarms start going off and your colleagues are looking at you funny... :oops:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You set out for an afternoons pigeon shooting, but instead of a hide you construct a rather nice lean-to shelter!

Dave

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Your pockes are filled with birch bark, cotton wool, penknives and fungi samples!

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
There is no more room in your house and have to move - even though it is about knowing more and carrying less.

You end up buying a Land Rover.

You take holiday from work and pay good money to learn how to sleep rough.

You start clogging up the washing machine with bits of tree.

The Cramp Ball that you have drying out on your shelf at home bursts open and covers everything in little brown specks.

You spend too much money at Amazon.

You spend too much time on the internet :wink:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Happened to you too, eh? :rolmao: :eek:):

Rob said:
The Cramp Ball that you have drying out on your shelf at home bursts open and covers everything in little brown specks.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
you have a bucket with nettle fibre, or spoon shavings next to the couch to have something to do while watching TV.

Fungi drying on radiators. But I did that before I had hear of bushcraft :-?

you have water proofed the bath by treating your Swann Dri in it.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You try to use you BCUK user name to log on to the network at work.

You buy your wife a nice knife & firesteel.

You can't lift your coat because of all the kit in the pockets.

You're willing to go to the garden centre, but when you get there you sneak off to look at axes, bow saws etc.

You take your Swanndri in a rucksack to the beach on the hottest day in August, just in case!

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
you get known in place or work/school for been able to do whatever is needed with the contents of you pockets. be it ligfhting a bunsum burner or cutting anything up.

you sharpen your pencil and make a hook for something.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
when one of your internet mates sends you a box with a flint 'n' steel kit, you don't get time to open the box till lunch, and end up giving a quick demo on the theory of flint firelighting in the works canteen.

then you discover that smouldering tinder fungus is very difficult to extinguish, people start asking who's burning jossticks, and what's the bag of brown stuff? it's not what it looks like, honest! :shock: :lol:

cheers,and.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Whe you and your partner have a romantic walk through a woodland and you mentally "measure up" the gaps between the trees to see if your Hennessey will fit :-D

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You post a message to your bushcraft mates, most of whoom you've only met on a forum, to tell'em you've got a new axe!

Sorry Maddave, couldn't resist that one. Enjoy the SFA.

Dave :lol:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
MartiniDave said:
You post a message to your bushcraft mates, most of whoom you've only met on a forum, to tell'em you've got a new axe!

Sorry Maddave, couldn't resist that one. Enjoy the SFA.

Dave :lol:

:rolmao: :lol: "Git!"

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
:eek:\: ..when you return from the hospital with a 3rth set of stitches within a year. :eek:\:

Hello Everybody!

-Emile

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
It takes 10 minutes to negotiate your way across your bedroom floor between tarps, knifes, stoves and books and when you get tho the other side your feet are covered in wood shavings. :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE