You chaps enjoying any of that snow?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
Your little snow fall is all over our news in the US haha. Anyone over there getting out to enjoy it? How much you get. Here they said about 4 inches.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
aout an inch and a half here- apparenlty it's an arctic blast, the buses trains and roads are all in chaos.

it really does beggar belief.

still, it's pretty though:D

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
Sledding was always fun. Haha now days I dread the walk up the hills in our deep snow. I do need to get the snow shoes out for a stretch though.

deeps

Forager
Dec 19, 2007
Monmouthshire
Its all over the news because it is just down the road from the TV network HQ's for once !

A light dusting of snow picturesquely covers the dog turds normally littering the streets of the SE of England making it bearable and all they do is moan about it.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
We didn't have any snow here in the South west until about 4pm, and then only a light dusting of a few millimetres.

Local weather forecasts predict we will have a little bit more tonight, but not a lot.

Glad I moved from Birmingham now.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
About 6 inches where I am. The whole of London ground to a halt. :D

Unfortunately if it goes on I'll still be required to go into work on Wednesday night. :(

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
I loved it when it snowed in UK. Seemed to have a "smell" about it not like here. I have 34" in the garden at the moment and wish it would leave.
I was home in 1996 when there was a lot of snow in Kent. I could not believe the chaos that it caused. People in the ditch all over the place.
Jon R.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I really dont get why we /all of the UK comes to a halt because of a few inches of snow?
Trains,bus'es,roads closed,countries with feet deep snow cope,but we get a couple of inches and its all over, my kids school is closed tommorrow ''because of the weather'' and we havent even got snow here just rain and wind (which we have 50% of the year anyway)

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
I really dont get why we /all of the UK comes to a halt because of a few inches of snow?
Trains,bus'es,roads closed,countries with feet deep snow cope,but we get a couple of inches and its all over, my kids school is closed tommorrow ''because of the weather'' and we havent even got snow here just rain and wind (which we have 50% of the year anyway)

haha our last two storms gave my area over 2 feet a piece, yet life goes on. Then again it is all about what you are used to.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Skogkiv, i was watching the news tonight and a woman had just come back from somewhere in the States that had 3ft of snow and everything was fine, she couldnt believe it when she got to London and it had ground to a halt.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've had about 15 cms and it's thawing fast. The burn has burst it's banks and there is more snow forecast even though it's very mild.

We don't really get dry snow here, it's always kind of wet stuff. I think that's what causes such chaos, everything is slippy with half melted slush.

cheers,
Toddy

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Have to agree on the here/then gone in a blink of a eye, we had about 6inch's fall about a month ago in the morning time,by afternoon it had melted ,and the water off the fields behind me turned the road into a small river.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE