Yorkshire Meet site photos and dates (PIC heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'd just like to add that Shewie wasn't bothered at all, it was me that was a big scaredy cat wuss!

:D

:lmao: Have done the same several times myself, discretion is always the beter part of valour. Glad to hear you're feeling better after your throatiness..

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think it was a wise decision to split last night afterall, the wind was fair howling down the chimney last night and the garden was a right mess this morning.

I`m gonna go over to the site one afternoon next week and see if there are any newly fallen trees lying about. I`m sure there must be judging by the noises last night and the fact that the wind has steadily increased ever since.

Rich

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Shame you never got any interesting windy pics.. :D Perhaps next time?

Cheers, Nag.

:lmao: :lmao:

When I heard breaking timber whilst laid in my hammock, I was thinking how fast can I pack up and get there hell out of here, not where did I put my camera.

Rich

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just one thing about lime wood, never try using it as the hearth board of your bow drill set. I can only describe the smell of the smoke as very fresh cowpat sandwich!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Went up to the site this morning at 6:30 because I couldn`t sleep due to my back giving me grief at the moment. I had a nice wonder round and saw a couple of bunnies in the bottom field, some fresh claw marks on a fallen tree which I think were badgers, I didn`t know they were in here so I must find their set one day. I also spotted a few trees which looked as though they`d come down very recently.

This one was about twenty yards away from our camp Spam, just up on the rise where you had your back to.

DSC00504.jpg

I reckon this could have been the result of that second crack we heard.

The camera went on a bit of dicky doo after this shot, I think it`s because I left it out in the car the other night.

The pleasant morning all went a bit sureal though as I was enjoying another pine needle tea from the hobbo ( I `ve got a bit of an obsession with this at the moment ). Two police dog vans pulled up on the road at the top of the track, and four coppers with a dog each came hurtling down towards me. I was absolutely bricking it, and thinking they were gonna bust me for brewing up, but they asked if I`d seen anyine in a wax jacket with a rucksack come past here. I said no and they pegged it down through the woods, no idea what was going on.

Never a dull moment at Blackhills :rolleyes:

Rich

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'd have to get up early on Saturday - got to go wedding dress shopping!

My mate wants me to go with her as her and SWMNBO can not decided on between 2 dresses. does help to my mate is taking large dosages of opitate pain kilelrs at the moment so most things make her giggle and be vague. The think that I'm likely to give them a brutally honest answer.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It looks like Friday could be tricky for me but watch this space.

In the meantime I`m going to go up Thursday night anyway if anyone fancies it ???

Rich

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It`s looking like a solo night out tomorrow as my mate`s had to pull out too. I`ve got to make the most of my spare time now as the wife`s got plenty lined up for me over the next few weeks.

Rich

marshall4771

Forager
Jan 5, 2004
Bingley,West Yorkshire
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that Blackhills is also used as a Police Dog training area. however if there are civy cars in the carpark then the Handlers tend to keep to the fields at the top of the site.

I'll keep my eye on the Yorkshire site and inform the Handlers if you are thinking of a meet.

We dont want any accidents and I may be with you and they will bite me !!!!

Shaun

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Does any of you guys know an actual physical shop relatively close to York that has a selection of knives and axes? I've been dithering over what knife to replace my broken mora with, and what axe to buy, and can't decide because I need to see them before I buy. The axe, especially, seeing as I can't afford a gransfors. Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE