Yew Utility

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Yew handled utility blade made from 01 steel hardened to Rc 56/58,
The blade is 41/2" long 3.5mm thick with a scandi grind shaving sharp, the handle is 43/4" long.
the Yew scales are treated with pentacryl, epoxied and pinned with 4x 4mm and 2x 8mm brass pins, the rear pin having a 6mm lanyard hole,
the sheath is made from 3mm veg tanned leather with a belt loop to take a 2" wide belt, dyed dark brown and treated with Ko - cho - line leather dressing.
Im asking £65 inc PP & RMSD

Yewutility1007.jpg

Yewutility1011.jpg

Yewutility1014.jpg

Yewutility1010.jpg

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nice work but you need to charge more. No sense in giving it away.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
That is a tremendous looking knife Elma, you really are knocking some good stuff out. Handsome, but don't do yourself short mate, £65 for that is criminal!

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Knife making for me is still a hobby so I'm able to offer what I produce for between £60 to £90 depending on the materials used, but I do take your point, I have in the making a damascus blade with mamoth ivory scales and mosiac pins this will be around £150

Rgds

Ian

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Good catch LBL, nice looking knife and different from the rest. Once you've had it a while, stick a review on the sharps forum, i'd be interested in what you think. Again, nice one Elma, handsome piece with good dimensions.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Knife making for me is still a hobby so I'm able to offer what I produce for between £60 to £90 depending on the materials used, but I do take your point, I have in the making a damascus blade with mamoth ivory scales and mosiac pins this will be around £150

Rgds

Ian

Aye. But that does make it hard for folks trying to make a living out of knife making (I'm not one if them, just making a point}.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
I take your point, especially now, as I'm making more regularly, I'm not in the same league as some of the professional makers, but it ca be troubling especially as over on BB they have taught me so much, as the quality of my designes and finish of my product evolves and I get a name for producing a dependable product then my prices may rise accordingly.

Your point is a just one and the point taken

Ian

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I take your point, especially now, as I'm making more regularly, I'm not in the same league as some of the professional makers, but it ca be troubling especially as over on BB they have taught me so much, as the quality of my designes and finish of my product evolves and I get a name for producing a dependable product then my prices may rise accordingly.

Your point is a just one and the point taken

Ian
I wasn't singling you out:) . I see alot of folks doing very nice work on here, not just knives, and letting them go for a song.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE