Yet another way to sheath your spoon knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
An idea I had based on the wooden one by jon r. You'll have to tell me if it's original or not.

590193595_54e5a3f194.jpg

590484538_07014ca297.jpg

590487482_bac25d4353.jpg

I have pictures showing how I made it if anyone's interested.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
And a third way would be to make a birch bark tube, a fixed bung in one end and the handle fitting snugly in the other with the blade inside the tube! Could anybody rustle one up so that we could have all three examples?

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Thanks for you comments. I'll post the tutorial pics on another thread later this week. There's no mystery to it really!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
And a third way would be to make a birch bark tube, a fixed bung in one end and the handle fitting snugly in the other with the blade inside the tube! Could anybody rustle one up so that we could have all three examples?

Fraid not on the Birch bark tube but that may be the next project as I have some knocking about.

Had some spare leather left over from the last group buy and made a small neck sheath for my carving knife but there was still an odd piece left.

The idea is not original as I got inspiration from the Bearclaw site. What is different from the original Crook knife case I saw (in no way am I linked to Bearclaw but just like the stuff they produce) is that it does not need studs to keep the flap closed.

So first picture:

623542099_31370ca03e.jpg

I did not have enough leather to go all the way around so had to sew on a flap. Because it is placed over the rest of the tube I found that when it was wet and allowed to dry it kept the fold over the opening.

623542287_131c1d3cd9.jpg

I need to prise the opening to get the knife out. It is a snug fit as I let it dry with the knife in it.

623542135_89fbcc52d4.jpg

The holder/sheath (what should you call it?) takes its original shape easily again.

Will try and get it dyed a nice colour similar to yours Shep.

I liked this little project especially coming across it by accident and using up the last of my leather scrap.

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE