yarrow glut

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i presume you mean salve:), but no idea whether or not you can make one from yarrow. there's loads growing on my front garden this year, loads more than last year, but it keeps getting mowed by my "helpful" neighbour, bless him :rolleyes:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
out of curiosity, when you say plantain i presume you mean greater plantain Plantago major do you? and what's the salve used for?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
some where yes
give me a few days to hunt it out?...

thanks for that

.....obviously i feel the need to add a disclaimer here-i am not a trained maker of salves (or slaves) and have only made this for my own and immediate familys use so if you're arm etc falls off it isn't my fault

it's alright mate, we come equipped with a spare for just such an eventuality :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Plantago Lanceolato (ribwort) is as effective as major too.
Melt 10oz of petroleum jelly, add 3oz of fresh leaf, simmer for upto 2hrs and strain. Cap off and Bobs yer aunty :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Plantago Lanceolato (ribwort) is as effective as major too.
Melt 10oz of petroleum jelly, add 3oz of fresh leaf, simmer for upto 2hrs and strain. Cap off and Bobs yer aunty.....

thanks for that mate, we tend to get more lanceolata than major round here so i'll have try with that and see how we get on

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE