WS 'D' type survival knife dates.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Now I know they started in the early 50's, but does anyone know what year?
Or have any info on the evolution of the knife ( NOT talking about the later MOD knife)
Mine carries the stock number 27C/2630 which puts it as the RAF survival knife.
Anyone collect or have any interesting info they care to share?

Cheers cats.:)

C.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have one Chris but at the minute it is undergoing a lot of changes including being thinned out so i will probably loos that detail form mine. They have been going for a long time and know they were around in the 60's for sure. I was speak to someone down my local legion after rememberance parade and the knife came up as part of a dicussion. Sorry i can not be anymore help than that.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I have one Chris but at the minute it is undergoing a lot of changes including being thinned out so i will probably loos that detail form mine. They have been going for a long time and know they were around in the 60's for sure. I was speak to someone down my local legion after rememberance parade and the knife came up as part of a dicussion. Sorry i can not be anymore help than that.

Thanks Pete mate, all well with you I hope?
In the back of my mind I seem to remeber reading 1953, but damned if I can find details now!!
Mine needs some work, just soaking the oak handle scales and giving the pig-skin sheath some love.
Would be cool to catch up some time.

Best.

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE