Wot ya doing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
There seems to be a lot of chatter, and not so much doing? (I could be wrong)
So come on, who's doing bushcraft,
are you out this weekend?
next weekend?
foraging?
out during the week?
carving spoons?
making a knife?

It'll be good to hear some of your activities.

Me, I've been lucky enough to have been camping out most weekend's for the last month, except this one :confused:
Made a few spoons, shared a fire with some friends, good fun :D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Spacemonkey said:
Some of us are tied up in the middle of cities, you know... It's not easy getting out! It takes me at least an hour to get anywhere near the M25 even! Thank god I'm moving out in a month's time.

Where ya moving to? some where nice, I take it not in the city.
Move down this way and come and play in my woods :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm sitting sewing the leather facings on a knight's surcoat (Hi Monarch! :) ) I've been for a ramble this morning, cold and wet is my world, gathered some withered nettles for cordage, watched the birds and the squirrels, munched on some frost softened rosehaws......not a lot really. The leaf litter is heavy, wet and dirty, the robins and the blackies are loving the wormeries that the piles of leaves have become though.

Cheers,
Toddy

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I’ve been knife making getting a number of blades ready for the heat treat done some nice file work on a couple. I've got several possible pouches wet formed and ready to have there backs made and sewed on. I have five belts to finish off got the buckles for them today so I want to give them a Christmas presents. This week I’ve cut two maple bow stave that myself and a friend will tiller shortly. Now I’m just finding a quiver patterns so I can get a design for my own ready to make.

Tomorrow I will be meeting with 5 other members of this forum for a good walk round our local patch to see what’s there is and have a good old chin wag.

James

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Spacemonkey said:
Swindon tempararily, but trying to find a nice place in a vill in the Cotswolds, preferably near a place called Burford. Much better than Londinium...

That sounds really nice good luck. If you ever want to come spend a weekend in Surrey at that woodland I was on about pm me, I stay there as often as poss.

Its good to hear other peoples projects and what ya doing, keepem coming :)

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Been working on an antler knife. It's got the basic shape, but needs lots of refining. Yesterday did up some Oak, pine, cypress, juniper and fat wood feather sticks with different sized curls to experiment a little with them.

Had a good rain yesterday and I was out early this morning tracking some wild hogs. Picked the tracks up right out of the pickup truck and followed them for a mile or so. Collected more tree moss and on the way home, stopped by a yard sale and bought a Seth Thomas ships clock that works good. :)

Later today I'm heading to a traditional sweat bath, which will go from about 4pm to 9pm, starting with the fire, working around the area cleaning up, splitting wood, etc., then the sweat and ending with a feast.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I am busy relaxing in Brunei after the last couple of weeks spent wandering around the jungle interior of sarawak (borneo) with the iban, kyan and penan tribes.

in a few days time I will be in northern thailand looking for the last remaining members of the Mlabri tribe.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Stuart said:
I am busy relaxing in Brunei after the last couple of weeks spent wandering around the jungle interior of sarawak (borneo) with the iban, kyan and penan tribes.

in a few days time I will be in northern thailand looking for the last remaining members of the Mlabri tribe.

Stuart, I think you get the gold star for doing :D

Sounds fantastic. Love to hear more...

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Well i know it's not much but i just made my first ever loaf of bread :lmao:
Tastes alright too. A far cry from hovis but with some honey and a mug of tea and Talullah ( Jamiroquai ) whilst talking to you lot it's quite passable. :)
Shame i'm off to work in 3 hours or i'd be in my car shouting at the top of my head as i miss yet another turnoff for some woods :D

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I've been very much living like a modern man.

fixing my boiler...LOL...well trying to...parts are hard to come by on sunday.
Job hunting, fingers crossed ill have a new job tomorrow.
and watching films.

Not overly exciting in the world of bushcraft mind you.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Yesterday I was out with my little daughter. We both like being in the woods, no matter if it`s just a short trip. This pic is taken just 250 meters from were I live.

f14bd297.jpg

As you can see it`s quite dark already, it`s only 2 PM.

Tor

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Spent nearly 8 hours wandering around West Wales, following the route of a number of waterfalls,

It was cold, damp, lots of snow, which started to melt around 12ish, only to start freezing again about 3pm.

Saw dippers, lots of sheep, collected two enormous Birch polypores, which are now drying off in the airing cupboard, did a spot of tracking, and was 50% sure I found some Otter droppings.

Also found a dead sheep at the start of one of the waterfalls. My friends seem to be disowning me as they wonder why I spend my time scraping resin from pine trees, fungi from dead trees, and spend ages examining pooh!

TC.

Not quite Borneo, but still exciting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE