Working are we mmmmMM!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Now I've got a reason for sitting on the BCUK site all day. :)

But arn't you lot suppose to be working :lmao:

I wonder how much work time is lost each day........compliments to web sites :D :D

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
The Joker said:
Now I've got a reason for sitting on the BCUK site all day. :)

But arn't you lot suppose to be working :lmao:

I wonder how much work time is lost each day........compliments to web sites :D :D

Lunch break mate....always on lunch break :eek:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
The Joker said:

Well, if it weren't for the internet, what would we do?

Option A: Lots more work
Option B: read the paper, gossip, do the crossword, gossip, spend ages in the bog, gossip some more...

Or to rephrase that: what did people do at work before the internet? Option B in my experience.

The only real change the internet has brought is to open up the field of timewasting to people who aren't good at gossip. A very positive and egalitarian development in my opinion....

;) :D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
gregorach said:
Well, if it weren't for the internet, what would we do?

Option A: Lots more work
Option B: read the paper, gossip, do the crossword, gossip, spend ages in the bog, gossip some more...

Or to rephrase that: what did people do at work before the internet? Option B in my experience.

The only real change the internet has brought is to open up the field of timewasting to people who aren't good at gossip. A very positive and egalitarian development in my opinion....

;) :D

Nicely put :lmao:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm having a holiday (honest), uni starts within a week ... :(
We're having an admin day overhere: cleaning the appartment, etc. Hence I'm on BCUK all day :D (Yes, did my job: kitchen is looking nice, fresh and clean again :D ... Not it was a dirty mess, just time for a regular clean up).

:p

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Best of both:
"Working from Home"

Making up for it tomorrow - off to cologne at 6.30 am from Southend, day at the plant, back again by 7.30pm, before heading straight into London to get the sleeper to Perth.

Still, after that it's 2 nights of camping up near Auchterarder in a little spot we know. Only been disturbed once in 11 years, and we scared them off - they stumbled across one of our party "dropping the kids off".

Plan to teach the guys to do fire by friction, and perhaps a few other bits and pieces, so long as the port stays in the rucksack long enough!!

(ps. Already had a talking to by the boss for spending too much time reading this site!)

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Thankfully at my work they don't mind me surfing the interent as I work long shifts on my own, which can be very boring. They have even supplied me with two PC's to do this.

One other benefit of working long shifts is I get 4 or 5 days off, before I work my next lot.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Unfortunately for work I am tied to the computer most of the day and evening, at the office and at home. Without the forums to distract me, I'dda gone nuts a long time ago. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE