Words under Name

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Under my name where it says 'member' 'active member', how do I change those to say somthing more interesting? I've seen phrases like 'boy have I got a lot to say' etc.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
This is another topic that gets asked a lot...can't one of the mods sticky some of these more popular questions?

Its all to do with Ranks.

As you post and contribute more the rank on the second line will change.

The first line will either also display a rank, or if you have subscribed to any of the membership options, then it will display that instead.

You cant amend them yourself to say anything else.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Under my name where it says 'member' 'active member', how do I change those to say somthing more interesting? I've seen phrases like 'boy have I got a lot to say' etc.

In short, you can't change it.
'Member' - is because you aren't a Full Member (that's a member who paid a subscription).
'Active member' - is related to the amount of posts you made on the forum. The more posts you got - the higher you get (native, tenderfoot, bushcrafter, etc.).

HTH

EDIT:
Andy beat me to it ... :(
I agree with Andy regarding making a sticky thread with this sort of info, I'll be happy enough to write one somewhere next week after my exams have ended :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE