Woodland to camp in Gloucestershire / Worcesterhisre boarder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi All

We are looking for a wood for a spot of wild camping woodland around the Gloucestershire / Worcestershire boarder, I live in Tewkesbury and my dad lives in Evesham so anywhere within a reasonable driving distance of either is fine.

Ideally somewhere with a large stream or similar and somewhere that the land owner would not mind fires being lit (In a responsible way) - Obviously we would make sure all signs of fire / camp were removed / cleaned.

We would both be happy to pay a nominal fee to any land owner willing to let us hide in their woods occasionally at the weekends.

If anyone knows of any places please send me a message.

Thanks Titchtonka

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Sorry, i do not actually have an answer....I'm interessted in this to, living in Hereford and working in Worcester. I do wander local woodlands and spoke to a guy today who owned some woods near by.
He was really interessted in the whole bushcraft thing, and wanted to learn more about the tools I carried and the stuff I produced...but I say owned, so will just have to stick to the public rights of way for now :(

You should of told him you would teach him more about bushcraft and asked if you could use his wood's - Win Win for both of you.

Sorry, i do not actually have an answer....I'm interessted in this to, living in Hereford and working in Worcester. I do wander local woodlands and spoke to a guy today who owned some woods near by.
He was really interessted in the whole bushcraft thing, and wanted to learn more about the tools I carried and the stuff I produced...but I say owned, so will just have to stick to the public rights of way for now :(

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Yeah I'm already doing that next time i go around there, but like i said he owned them (past tense) so can no longer offer permission to travel freely through the woods...although there is still public acess in parts, so all is not lost (just very limited)

Plus there are loads of woods around the here it's just a case of finding the owners (as you are doing) but I can imagine most (By me at least) will be readying for the shooting season in a few months so will not take kindly to folk poking about disturbing the birds (whenever they get released).

Good luck and please keep us informed if you have any joy.

Looks like a good place, Has anyone ever used it before?

The booking process seems a little long winded - although i can understand why they want to keep the place a secret from everyone apart from the people who have actually booked and paid.

I really would like to go - but would want to book on a monday or tuesday for the following weekend when we have seen a decent forcast of the weather!

Last edited:
I have just emailed the chap and asked him if short notice booking is ok? - He came back to me super quick with a response to say that is fine, I have fired off a couple more questions to him but all looks good.

Would really like to speak to anyone who has actually camped there so i may start a new thread with this place as the title.

Tt

I will defo be trying it out soon with my father, My wife is expecting our second child in the next few week's so will have to leave it until mid-September but will make sure I do get down there this year and then next year will be able to make it a regular thing hopefully

I had a few nights there a couple of years ago, I spent my days fishing the Wye & Usk Foundation waters. Slung my hammock between a couple of trees, lit my campfire (logs are available on site) & spent my evenings chilling with a book. Heaven!
If you're local this really is the place to go as lots of others on this site will tell you, you won't regret it!

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Looks like a good place, Has anyone ever used it before?

The booking process seems a little long winded - although i can understand why they want to keep the place a secret from everyone apart from the people who have actually booked and paid.

I really would like to go - but would want to book on a monday or tuesday for the following weekend when we have seen a decent forcast of the weather!

Great woodland and Paul the owner is a good chap. He can sell you fire wood or bring your own as well as any projects you may have. Facilities are basic but adequate and if I lived as close as you would be there more often.

Nigel

Feb 15, 2010
wales
does anyone know if paul from yellow wodd is contactable in any other way than the number and email he has on the site, I am looking to book for this weekend but have'nt been able to get in touch with him!!!!!

garyford

Dec 2, 2007
musselburgh
if anyone in scotland thats looking for a place to go,there is a place called Blinkbonny woods near Gifford east lothian.You pay £5 per night and you get all the fire wood you need and water.There is only a few spots for tents,but spoke to the guy how owens it about useing a hammock and he said thats fine,but you would then have to use a fire pitt if you do that.check it out blinkbonny wood.Great place to camp and has an eco toilet near by.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE