woodland springs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
The old army method of filtering water is by using a 'millbank bag', see one at http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/stock.php?page=cooking. Its a pretty tried and tested method, and well a bargain at £16 :D

Presumably, if you were confident enough about the state of any dissolved stuff, you could just filter it and ignore the iodine. Or is the iodine necessary to counter something that the bag does.

£16 for a longterm solution does seem good value for money.

G :newbie:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well as far as i know the bag only removes silt and large protazoa (sp, and dont take my word as lore on that one :)). So you could do without the iodine if you confident theres no chemical pollutants in the area. But if its just the taste of iodine you dislike you could boil (of course :)) but well nothing ventured nothing gained, just make sure you've got some diacalms handy if you decide to filter and drink with no purification :D.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE