Woodland Hide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
Went to my wood today, to clear up the branches that broke off the Scotts Pines with the weight of the snow. Took the larger pieces for my Woodburner, but used the smaller bits to start on Phase I of my hide and hopefully to be regular shelter. The ground level drops away behind the branches so when sat down, you are virtually invisible. I want to put up some camo netting in the wide opening (about 2 metres wide) to further obscure any view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Rgs_vi77g

Any suggestions on improvements (and I accept it's still only work in progress!!)

baz p

Nov 16, 2010
manchester
nice location mate, where is that ?..............i would build it up a bit taller , not as long and try and get a back and 2 sides on the go, but get a simple frame made. then when you turn up just get a tarp on the top and there you have it....a top little shelter

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
nice location mate, where is that ?..............i would build it up a bit taller , not as long and try and get a back and 2 sides on the go, but get a simple frame made. then when you turn up just get a tarp on the top and there you have it....a top little shelter

It's in North Yorkshire - sorry dont want to be more specific....! I know it doesnt look very high, but the ground slopes behind the lower section and it about 3 feet high. All the ferns have died back for now, it is usually 3-4ft high with ferns. Plenty of good straight branches that I can use to make a frame......maybe next weekend

baz p

Nov 16, 2010
manchester
It's in North Yorkshire - sorry dont want to be more specific....! I know it doesnt look very high, but the ground slopes behind the lower section and it about 3 feet high. All the ferns have died back for now, it is usually 3-4ft high with ferns. Plenty of good straight branches that I can use to make a frame......maybe next weekend

understandable mate i just wanted to know the general location not your secret hide out, i think we are all the same when it comes to our special little places, just looks amazing, keep on building and keep the pics on the progress coming to, think we would all like to see the end product

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
One thing to bear in mind is being 'skylined' . There looks like a very real possibility at that location unless you are careful due to the apparantly convex lay of the land. This can be avoided if you are in a statc location by thinking about something behind you rather than just in front of you. A simple dark coloured screen of hessian, tarp in a subdued colour etc will do the trick. As mentioned above, building a back wall, will achieve this, and enable you to put a roof on! I've used chicken wire, with an IPK sheet cable tied to it, and covered with hessian (sprayed in paint in a crude cam pattern) to form shapable roofs that hold their form. A bit of a trade secret there for you!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE