Woodland Edge Firebox/ Stove Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Rather than keep adding to the original group buy thread from way back when and following an update from the folks at WE I've opened a new thread specifically for this group buy.

I got this through from WE: '...we will accept that quantity (over 10) so the buy can go ahead...'

Good news, although for ZDP-189 the postage to Hong Kong may be too much too bear? The total weight of all the components packaged is 2 plus kilos, so it won't be cheap! (Let me know how you wish to proceed, I'm waiting on a price for P&P).

So the deal (to the UK) is as follows;

Minimum 10 off (Paid for in one cheque payment)

£ 54.95 each (which now includes the pair of legs, previous group buys were without legs)

plus

£ 6.75 carriage and packing each.

Total £ 61.70 each delivered

Saving £ 10.00 per box

And the list as follows;

mick miller x 1
gorilla x 1
kiltedpict x 1
Jacko x 1
UKHaiku x 1
shocks x 1
Richie O x 1
Crofter x 1
Bowser x 1
andy_e x 1
ZDP-189 x 1 (subject to accepting additional P&P costs)

I'm thinking the easiest way is cheques, which I can collate and pay in at the same time (means we're all at the mercy of the slowest payer though), once cleared I can pay WE with a debit card (quicker), the amount covered by the cleared cheques - having not done this before I'm open to advice from those more experienced than I though.

I do have PayPal but I'm never too certain whether it incurs a fee or not, in fact the rules seem a little vague to me, therefore I'd have to add the PP standard of 3.4% plus 20p (so £64 and not that much of a bargain!).

Nearly forgot to mention: They can also do a group buy on a combo of underblankets / overblankets on numbers over 10 (as I understand it) - I'll adjust that thread accordingly, however having managed to buy one 2nd hand, it'll be over to someone else to take over the group buy on those.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
A cheque is fine for me, also I think it's understood that some may take longer to get payment to you than others - so the order being placed when all funds are cleared is a very reasonable way to proceed.

If you could PM me/us when you are ready to take payment with your address and who to make the cheque payable to I/we will respond with our addresses for delivery and with payment :D

Thanks mick, am sure it's a daunting task to take on a BCUK group buy regardless of the size. :You_Rock_:

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Well hopefully it shouldn't be too bad, I'll just keep the cheques somewhere safe till they're all in them pay them in all at once, it might be best to set a 'pay by' date, so would two weeks be enough for everyone? So the 'pay the cheques in day' would be the last day of February, allowing 4-5 days for the cheques to clear and adding a couple of days processing and posting means we could all be burning our grub the natural way by March 7-8th!

Send cheques by end of Feb sound okay? Andy I'll PM you my address when we have everyones buy in (in fact I'll PM you all!).

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Yeah, thanks Mick- much appreciated... cheque book at the ready... we just need to get a few more buyers I suppose...
:You_Rock_

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Nope, no more needed, we've reached the new lower limit of 10 that Woodland Edge need, so I'm just checking with everyone that they can get a cheque in the post by the end of the month.

If anyone want to jump on feel free, but the end of the month deadline still applies.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Excellent- I had not realised WE had agreed a lower number :)
I look forward to getting a pm with payment details in due course.

Many thanks for this Mick.

KP

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Just got in, and good news!! :lmao:
A cheque is fine with me also. Just send a PM and it shall be sent.
Once again thanks for sorting all this out.
Cheers,
Jacko.

Richie O

Jan 10, 2007
Harold Wood, Essex
Cheque would be fine, if only my bloody bank would send me a new book!!! Bloody Barclays!!! :cussing: :censored: :twak: :AR15firin :cussing:
I am still waiting for it since the hammock group buy, i had to do a bank transfer with Sandbag47 in the end.
I will endevour to shout at my bank for the next few days but if i don't get a new book by next friday could i do the same and go for a bank transfer? :)

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Bank transfer will be fine...I'll let you know the details the day I pay the cheques in (I'm holding them all till they're all in), that way all the monies should clear at the same time.

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Bank transfer will be fine...I'll let you know the details the day I pay the cheques in (I'm holding them all till they're all in), that way all the monies should clear at the same time.

Am I too late to join this buy? I'd probably use the bank transfer.

Cheers,

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Okay folks, I think I've PM'ed you all, let me know if I missed anyone! Many of you have already posted cheques. As soon as I recieve them I'll let you know, as I've already said (a few times) I won't pay any in until I have them all, and of course I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks for responding so quickly. The updated list is as follows then:

mick miller x 2 (I showed my mate, now he wants one too!)
gorilla x 1
kiltedpict x 1
Jacko x 1
UKHaiku x 1
shocks x 1
Richie O x 1
Crofter x 1
Bowser x 1
andy_e x 1
xavierdoc x 1

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Okay folks, I think I've PM'ed you all, let me know if I missed anyone! Many of you have already posted cheques. As soon as I recieve them I'll let you know, as I've already said (a few times) I won't pay any in until I have them all, and of course I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks for responding so quickly. The updated list is as follows then:

gorilla x 1
kiltedpict x 1
Jacko x 1
UKHaiku x 1
shocks x 1
Richie O x 1
Crofter x 1
Bowser x 1
andy_e x 1
xavierdoc x 1

Cheque is in the post!

:)

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
gorilla x 1
kiltedpict x 1 ***CHEQUE RECEIVED***
Jacko x 1 ***CHEQUE RECEIVED***
UKHaiku x 1
shocks x 1
Richie O x 1
Crofter x 1
Bowser x 1
andy_e x 1
xavierdoc x 1 ***CHEQUE RECEIVED***

This for ZDP from Woodland Edge; 'The carriage to Hong Kong will be £ 23.00 total which means (2 parcels) one package up to 2 kilos and a smaller one for the balance of the firebox.

If the customer requires a signed for delivery that will be a further £ 3.50 on top of this price. (recommended as it could go missing and we would not be responsible)

This is the best rate I can get from the post office. If it all went in one package it would cost £ 23.00 plus the £ 3 .50 signed for cost!'

A total of £88.20!! Still interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE