Woodland / bushcraft event West Yorkshire. Help wanted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Evening all. I've been rushed off my feet over the last couple of months and had little forum time, and the reason is planning this 4 day woodland event.
We begin on Tuesday 22nd april until 25th, 10 till 5.
The first 2 days are demonstrating traditional woodland crafts such as hurdle making, willow weaving, basket making etc.
The last 2 days are bushcraft themed, so firecraft, shelter building, carving etc.
There will be about half a dozen teenagers there to learn as part of a project, along with many other people (all ego free laymen).
This is being run from my local woodland, many of you guys have already been here.

I am wanting some of you guys to come along and help out, maybe demonstrate using a flint and steel, bow drill, anything really. There's also opportunity for anyone coming along to stay the night, or the whole 4.

There'll be refreshments and things for kids too.

If anyones intereted in helping out, please PM me for address and directions etc.

Cheers

Steve

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Can't believe the lack of interest ? I'll be on hand to help out a couple off days/neets.
A great opportunity to spend some time in this ancient woodland, and share knowledge with folk of all ages who are showing interest in woodland ways of our ancestors.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
It's also the week when Leeds schools go back - it was last week and this week for their Easter half term.

Frazer

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2009
Highlands
Ah see now, this is interesting! I'm off Tuesday to Thursday atm. I'm a general activity instructor & 'bushcraft practitioner'. I work for a reasonably big residential activity and outdoor education company (but work on the shop floor as it were). I've been looking for opportunities to expand my experience outside of the bubble I've been working in.

I've only got my own personal kit, and I'd actually have to run this past a boss, and I'd have to wrestle the car from the missus... But this is very interesting!

I'd most likely be interested as a participant for the first two days too!

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Shoot . . . only just seen this :(

Would have liked to pop along and lend a hand for a couple of days/nights, but too late now for me to get any time off.

Teach me to keep a better eye out.

Hope it all goes well matey. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE