Woodland bushcraft campsite off the M25, interested?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
This is only at feasibility stage, but my local Scout district has the option to lease a large wooded area on the side of the North Downs, not too far from Junction 8, M25. Open fires are permitted, and the site has ready adjacent access into neighbouring woodland and the rest of the Downs; and is within walking distance of a rail station and a pub. The size of the site is such that it could probably accommodate up to 15 bushcrafters (in an informally organised group- e.g. though this forum)on an exclusive basis (dates to be arranged so they don't conflict with Scouting use of the site). There is no electricity, but there is mains water and chemical toilets. parking at site is limited (3ish cars)

It occurs to me that limited use by bushcrafters could prove a bit of a source of income for the site, and potentially make it's acquisition more feasible. Use by Scouts alone may or may not pay the bills.

I am uncertain as to the rules of the lease etc, which may preclude users outside of Scouting- it will need to be looked into. These problems aside:

1) Would people be interested?
2) How many weekends do you think you may use the site in the average year, assuming it gave you everything you wanted from it?
3) How much would you be willing to pay per person for a weekends use (i.e. friday night through to sunday)?

Thanks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE