Woodburning Stove Wanted. Tentipi Eldfell or equivalent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
As Title.

I am after a good quality woodburning Stove to fit into a 7 man tentipi.

Anything considered. Tentipi Eldfell, Four-Dog, Kni-co etc.

I thought I would try on here first, before having to splash out on a new one.

Cheers

Dave.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
I have one of these brandnew. Made by frisport. PM me for details. The chimney is about 12 foot.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Another vote for these, I got mine off the same seller a few weeks ago. Very well made indeed and well worth the money.

Big enough to cook on too,
100_1697.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thanks for the input guys. Ive bought Gavmars frisport.

[12-14 foot with chimney, with incorporated mesh flue top, Baffle, Stainless Steel, low weight, possible oven use, damper, airtight. Could probably get a billy on the top? Same manufacturer as helsport stoves
Just what I was after really.]

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
rik-uk3 do you use your stove in a tipi as ive got the same one but flue to short and looking for some spare lenths of flue if you know of any many thank Rychard

Its used with a parachute that is rigged as a tent at the moment, yurt style, when the stove jack I'm waiting on from the States arrives I'll mount it in a tent. The stove stands at about 7' but I'll maybe fit a flexible section for the tent so I'll post when I find the section I need. When I got the stove it was only £140 he's upped the price a bit now but he sold a load in a week so he'll have no problem shifting these. If flexi flue costs me £30 its still half price more of less of other more well known stoves and room for a couple of pans to cook on so its not just a tent heater.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Here is a couple more pics. The bracket connected to the chimney section connects to the center pole. with all the chimney sections used it's 21ft from the feet of the burner.

Last edited:

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Hi

I bought it off someone on a forum, I've looked everywhere for info on it but the only place is the frisport website.
You could probably get one off them, but the postage and import duties will probably make it very expensive.

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
when the stove jack I'm waiting on from the States arrives I'll mount it in a tent.

Hi Rik

Where are you getting the stove jack from, I'm after a 6" oval one for my 3 Dog stove to fit in a Tundra Tipi, but very few US site I've been on seem to export, I've found a round one but not oval.
Does the one you've ordered come with a rain flap or not

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
That's a nice stove. Where could I get one ?

NS

Ive had a couple of stoves for the tentipi.
But not satisfied with either one, for one reason or another. Im hoping I'll be happy with this one.
This cyclindrical heater type is very much like the older moskoselkatan stoves.Its always been difficult to get steel, as a pose to cast tent stoves in the UK.
This one ticks all the boxes for me, with a couple of possible exceptions.

One would be the cooking surface. Which may only be small enough for a billy, but this model is actually called the 'frisport krylling oven' I do not know whether 'oven' is a direct danish translation for stove. Or it means a conventional oven as in the english definition.

But its a top loader, and I dont mind cooking wrapped food in the coals. And it looks like it may be either designed for, or there may be room for an upper shelf?

Its Stainless. So should not rust. Its only 7. kg. [Tentipi eldfell pro stoves are 17kg. And cost £700 +]
Weight and portability was an important point. So its light enough for Canoe, sled, etc.
Its manufactured by a good company.
It has a custom Baffle. [the Diameter of the baffle, and material it is made out of, in comparison to the flue is important, as is how it is connected to the flue, for heat exchange]
[Im slightly dubious about baffles, as most Ive used get can very hot and the heat is transferred directly from the flue to the baffle. And the baffle will be directly touching tipi canvass.] Diameter of the flue is important as well.
No ash tray in this. Not too bothered about that. As every stove needs ash removing.
Damper is below, fire, so should draw well. [Even though its not one of the more expensively designed ones, as in the windy smith]
Its not on legs. So has a lower centre of heat.

Cost vs neccesity is always an issue.
[My Choice was buy this for £184, or spend £450 plus on a more conventional flat top steel cooker/stove, with the same spec, ordered from the States.]

The lid on the top could be a bit of a design issue, as I have seen rivets pop over time, when subjected to too much heat. But I am trusting it will be ok, and airtight, as it is a good manufacturer.

[Got your PM Gav. Cheers. I'll let you know when it arrives.]

If I really feel that I am not going to be happy until I get a much more expensive Eldfell, etc, than I'll either return it to Gavmar, within a day or two, or I'll use it for a couple of week,s and post it on the members classifieds for what I paid for it.
Decent stoves are like Rocking horse ****

* Nonsuch. This company are Frisport's UK distributor: http://www.truenorthoutdoor.co.uk/merchandise.htm

Ive spoken to a guy called Jed there, who seems like a thoroughly decent helpful guy

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hi Rik

Where are you getting the stove jack from, I'm after a 6" oval one for my 3 Dog stove to fit in a Tundra Tipi, but very few US site I've been on seem to export, I've found a round one but not oval.
Does the one you've ordered come with a rain flap or not

Thanks for any help.

Mine is coming off a mate in the States, I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives. Drop me a PM to remind me or I'll forget.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Courier has just picked it up Dave, should be there tomorrow.

The Stove arrived courtesy of DHL.....Broken. :censored::cussing::mad:

This is a side view photo of the shape of the legs:

DSC_0005.jpg
[/IMG]

This is how it arrived: This leg is bent, and bent inwards, at an angle and the weld has snapped.

DSC_0004.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0003.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a photo of a rip in the base of the cradboard box, which is where the leg would have been, inside the box:
DSC_0006.jpg
[/IMG]

Well Done DHL
:cussing::cussing::banghead:

Gav, as discussed, I'll get it welded.

Thanks for your help mate. I'll keep in touch via PM.

[I posted this on here as I think companies should be named and shamed.]

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE