Wonderful Garlic harvest!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
carrots are a no no in my garden having slightly better success this year but over the last 10 years ive struggled with them local allotment suffers too. Pumpkins are doing we as are the beans, peas, leeks and sprouts. Im still getting potatoes as weeds from about 4 years ago lol when i last grew them but i cant resist letting them grow for a few nice golden nuggets. All my garlic in the past seemed to produce small bulbs (planted in autumn also) i may try them again in autumn.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I may pass on a few bulbs of these in members classified if I they all dry well - its been a bumper harvest. I did include a couple of bulbs last year in "variety boxes" for a couple of people that wanted a selection of open pollinated / heritage seeds.

I'll make sure they have all dried properly before I do that though!

I must stake my seed parsnips thinking about it - they are up to 5' and I'd hate to lose them. Parsnips are a pain because the seed really doesn't last - you get a marked drop off in viability after the second year - and they take two years to grow!

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Garlic is a three fold dilemma.
Love it.
Hate it.
& I'm allergic to it.
I am of the last camp. Not quite :stretcher: bad (thankfully) but enough to be a bad day.

On the upside, once again your gardening skills are proving to be well founded with some excellent results. goodjob

Rob

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Oddly no.
My fastest reaction was to a plate of garlic prawns that were delivered to the next table in a restaurant in Spain, very pungent smelling.
Broke out in beetroot red blotches in seconds, to my sisters alarm, she now believes I'm allergic rather than a fussy eater:lmao:

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE