winter walk,white coppice, chorley lancs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fast but dim

Nomad
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
White coppice has long been one of my favourite spots in the uk, a little cricket pitch at the foot of the moors just outside chorley.
Today i took a day off, and followed black brook (which was frozen) then went up great hill, over to rivington, then back.

046.jpg

052.jpg

great spot to pend the night!
057.jpg

brew at the top of great hill, not too cold in the sun!
058.jpg

Lovely place, well woth a visit.

Improviser

Tenderfoot
Excellent pics FBD and as you say well woth a visit!
I know the place well as its just in my back back garden so to speak as i live in brinscall.

Ventured out twice over xmas once down the frozen but crispy path down the side of the goit (of which work has commenced to convert as a bridle/cycleway) to wc cricket ground & back with g/f and my 8 week old daughter strapped to me in the carrier cocooned in her snow suit snug as a bug, gotta get em into the bush early!

The second time on my own venturing into the wheelton plantation woods past the waterfall after a heavy snowfall in places up to the top of my gaiters where it had drifted slightly, loved the earily quiet & solitude the white stuff offers seemingly muffling out any background noise.

Stopped off often in the past further up dean black brook past the upturned tree on the 's' bend of the brook & brewed up with the SAT (tried it as a hobo last time & it got so hot the windshield has now gone soft) on the ashes of numerous past fires. Made a few cuppas sat exactly in your shoes on top of great hill with the crusader set up before as well.

Rant over :rolleyes: all in all the area a great place for a bimble especially dawn/dusk when hardly anyone aboot!

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE