Winter sleeping bag for a troll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Hiya Guys
Tried searching but not found what I need to know.

I'm looking for a cheap winter bag (Zero or better).
I'm 5'10" and take a 48" jacket, so needs to be big
Also I don't like those really stream-lined mummy-bags as I can't sleep with my knees jammed together.
Down if possible, synthetic is not my first choice
Not a fan of bright colours
Bulk is not a problem as I've used two cheap-**** bags stuffed inside each other.
Weight-wise anything lighter then my armour will be fine.

Been looking at the '58 pattern down and what I think is the current arctic
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320826078220?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any ideas ??

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
All the 58 bags I have seen had lost most of their insulation due to being so old. My choice would be a newer issue bag for sure but they aren't down. I can't say for sure but the long ones always felt like they had more shoulder room... Maybe someone in the know could confirm or deny this?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
All the 58 bags I have seen had lost most of their insulation due to being so old. My choice would be a newer issue bag for sure but they aren't down. I can't say for sure but the long ones always felt like they had more shoulder room... Maybe someone in the know could confirm or deny this?

The 58's arent down as such but down and feather - I like mine a lot and would recommend one if you can inspect it first... but you'll need a liner as the feathers poke through and it's no lighweight. Going on your requirements (not cheap tho) check out this instead:
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/outwell-lakeview-single-p147596

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Mate, I'm the same size as you. Get a current Army maggot. Mine's huge, I can get it over my head, it's not down either. After 8 years in the mob I was MOST relieved when they bought out the current maggot to replace the ghastly 58 bag. The earlier Arctic bags were down, but have since been surpassed.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Mate, I'm the same size as you. Get a current Army maggot. Mine's huge, I can get it over my head, it's not down either. After 8 years in the mob I was MOST relieved when they bought out the current maggot to replace the ghastly 58 bag. The earlier Arctic bags were down, but have since been surpassed.
Is that the one I linked to ?

Junglist

May 30, 2011
Kent
I've just got the current issue one, I'm 6'4" and can get it over my head with a few inches to spare, I'm very big built too lol, loads of room, very, very warm, probably the best bag I've had.
Check if it's a medium or large though.
I contacted the seller of the one I saw and they only had the large ones anyway, it's mint condidtion too, looks like it's never been used!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE