Wine drinking help required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forgeways

Jun 25, 2010
Machynlleth, powys
Hi all,

Jayne and myself are going to run a quick and simple recycled beeswax tea light making event at the Bushmoot this year, with the intention of holding a lantern making competition and judging at the communal meal. However I recon I need to be taking materials to make 200 tea lights, now beeswax from my hives and wick material is all good, but I am tee total and need a quantity of screw wine bottle caps. Can anyone help as poor Jayne wont be sober till August if she needs to drink 200 bottles of wine.

Regards, Neil.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not being Teetotal I think that I may be able to help you out ... I will start collecting screw top wine and whisky caps for you :)
Do you only need 200?

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
As above:D
You can pick up packs of 100 tealights for £2 in plenty of places. The wax in them pops out really easily and can be used elsewhere. I melt them down and mix with Vaseline. If you dip in a cotton wool pad when melted, then leave to dry on some greaseproof paper, they make superb sure fire starting pads.
And you still have the original containers to use with the beeswax:cool:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
As above:D
You can pick up packs of 100 tealights for £2 in plenty of places. The wax in them pops out really easily and can be used elsewhere. I melt them down and mix with Vaseline. If you dip in a cotton wool pad when melted, then leave to dry on some greaseproof paper, they make superb sure fire starting pads.
And you still have the original containers to use with the beeswax:cool:

And it would save Johns liver from blowing up

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE