Wind/waterproof lighters raising interest for a group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Ok as previously stated, I'm in negotiations with a US supplier for wind and waterpoof lighters for a little over cost price that look very similar to Helios lighters for a group buy.

I've asked for two samples to try them out and have recieved them, as far as I know the group buy ones are exactly the same or very similar, I'm waiting confirmation on this and the supplier will not be back to the office for 2 weeks. I've costed this to £10 per lighter give or take postage. I need names of interested parties before I go ahead with this, as usual I'll post up the details BEFORE I ask for committment so folk know what they are getting. So if folk are interested please put your names below and we'll see if it's worthwhile going ahead. I need to order at least 24 as they come in boxes of 24, so it's either a 24 or 48 group buy!

Here is the photo[
lighters.jpg

/FONT]

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Fuel? How windproof are they? Will they reliably ignite at -20C? Will they stay ignited at winds of 50mph? 100mph?

Gailainne

Life Member
Gordon

I would be interested in 2, I would prefer the yellow, if thats possible, better chance of finding the damn thing after I've absently put it down somewhere :( , dont know if you can mix and match or you have to go with one colour, <shrug> I'll go with the majority in that case.
Two questions :D
Is that a safety clip on the opposite side to the hinge I see ?
Is there anywhere to attach a lanyard ?

Stephen

They come in mixed colours, so it's a case of whatever is available, however I've got this one you could get once I get the rest in if we are going ahead with it.

There is a built in hole for want of a better term inbuilt into the side of the lighter for attahcing a lanyard and yes it is a safety wire catch that keeps the lid on tight. You flip the wire back, press a button on the side of the case and the lid flips open. The silver disc unscrews on the base to allow access to fill up with butane gas. And for those nuggest out there who I know will ask, it is a turbo jet flame!

Remember I am awaiting confirmation if this is the same lighter, so please folks lets keep this simple, I'm only looking for interested parties, once the details arrive to me, I'll post everything up, photo's so YOU KNOW EXACTLY what we will be getting.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
one here!

Interested parties so far...

SOAR 1
Andy_e 2
Big Geordie 1
Godfather 1
Gaillainne 2
Lurch 2
Greg 1
John C 1
Gilly0802 1
Crazyclimber 1

Please add your name to the list if you are interested...Thanks WS

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
i'll have one -
Interested parties so far...

SOAR 1
Andy_e 2
Big Geordie 1
Godfather 1
Gaillainne 2
Lurch 2
Greg 1
John C 1
Gilly0802 1
Crazyclimber 1
gorilla 1

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
SOAR 1
Andy_e 2
Big Geordie 1
Godfather 1
Gaillainne 2
Lurch 2
Greg 1
John C 1
Gilly0802 1
Crazyclimber 1
gorilla 1
SimonM 1

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE