Win an Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Bushcraft Expeditions has launched it’s website and to mark the occasion has made the fantastic competition offer to Bushcraft UK members of a place on one of it’s expeditions and what’s more, you get to choose which one!

The question you need to answer is –
"What is the name of the indigenous people that bush-ex will be working with in Sweden (The Arctic)?" Have a look here ;-)

Here’s some details on how to enter the Bushcraft Expeditions launch competition.

• Only registered Bushcraft UK members can enter the competition.
  • Only one entry per person.
  • Main prize: one free expedition place on the expedition of the winners choice.
  • The expedition must be attended within 24 months of the draw date.
  • The prize does not include the cost of flights.
  • To enter competition answer this simple question "what is the name of the indigenous people that bush-ex will be working with in Sweden (The Arctic)?" answers to: inforequest@bushcraftexpeditions.comEnter "competition" as the subject.
  • You must include your BCUK registered name to confirm bcuk membership
  • Entrants for the main prize must be between the age of 18 - 65 at the time of the expedition they choose as a prize.
  • Competition entrants must put there date of birth on their entry e-mail.
  • Any one outside this age group can enter but there prize will be a free pair of "tracking boots"
  • The two draws will be done separately one for main competition and one for those outside the age limit for the main competition.

IMPORTANT POINT: If you wish to purchase (outside of the competition entry)an expedition or a course from Bushcraft expeditions, they are only taking "reservations" for expeditions and courses at this point. Fees will not be required until October. They will contact any one that makes a reservation then. Reservations should be made via the "contact us" page.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
there have been a number of requests for information on the 'tracking boots' prize for the winner of the draw for persons outside the 18 - 65 age group.

Woody has provided a photograph and the following information on this prize:

TrackerBoot.jpg

they are made from chromepak Grizzly bear leather!!! and lined with deer hide. Very Tough and hard wearing.

they are part of bushcraft expeditions forthcoming line of bespoke bushcraft equipment.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You’re right, there’s no mention of it on the site as it’s an offer for bcuk members. If you use the info provided on here then it’s easy to enter.

The offer is open to all the bcuk members, not just members that donate to the site, so, everyone can enter and I’d suggest that you do as this is worth a fortune, let alone the experience of the expedition.

Hope that helps :D

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Womble said:
it certainly seems a excellent competition and a good prize, but I do have to ask - what do people who don't have a passport (or can't afford the airfare) win?

Well, you could always get a passport?
Then even if you don't win the compo you can scour Ryanair etc for cheap flights to wierd places and get a weekend away somewhere crazy for the price of the train to Blackpool!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
what do people who don't have a passport (or can't afford the airfare) win?

:rolleyes: That's kind of like trying to win a Ferarri when you can't drive and live on an island you can walk across in 20 minutes :p Why would you try?

Seriously though, apart from possibly getting lots of instant mates, you would probably get a rather nice pair of boots instead.

leon-1

Womble said:
it certainly seems a excellent competition and a good prize, but I do have to ask - what do people who don't have a passport (or can't afford the airfare) win?

In that case choose an exped that gives you plenty of time to save for your airfare and to get a passport, beg borrow and hope you have a birthday and some great friends and family.

Sometimes you can find flights are a lot cheaper when you have plenty of time to scoure the net for them :D

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
And when you do enter the competition please state you date of birth in the email. Some of us, well me at least, forgot that and had to be asked for it...

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Bear in mind that bushcraft expeditions cannot offer the flights as part of the prize, not because they dont want to but because under british law a company cannot sell flight tickets or include them in a package unless they hold a Air Travel Organizer’s Licence.

why couldnt you just get a passport and choose the arctic expedition for which the flights would be quite cheap?

Beakytzw

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2005
where ever the military send me!
If I win, and find I cannot go due to my committments with my New Unit in the UK, stand by for a blind auction :) But hey I wonder if Bushcraft Expeditions will let me carry it over until I get a free period then I might just hang on too it.

Phil

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
I would go to the arctic! Dont have to buy a ticket as the dog musher is a neigbour here near to my place. And I cant stand the heat so I am happy to have the adventure here up north. :D :D

cheers
Abbe

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Womble said:
actually I think I'd quite like to win the boots! Do you think I could pass for being either under 18 or over 65? :D
More chance of getting away with over 65. :p
But if you do win I'll buy a pair of boots to swap you for the expedition!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
leon-1 said:
Good choice, you may also want to think of Namibia or Thailand or Sweden, Doh!! :D

OOh yeah ... sorry about that, completely forgot to add those countries :cool: - I assumed everybody already knew them (Bushexped site) (as they probably do anyway).

I chose Borneo, because that's just one of those countries I am probably the least like to visit. And I've always been fascinated by the biodiversity, etc. Just the thought of being in a place which probably contains so much information for todays diseases (Aids, cancer, etc.), and so many plants and animals not yet discovered!!

Leon, maybe an idea to make some sort of poll thingie?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE