Wanted Wilkinson sword D survival knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I saw a modded one for sale a couple of months ago with antler scales but I can't remember where and can't find it.
These chaps have started reproducing them but a bit pricey

Sent from Somerset using magic

Reactions: CLEM

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
The 3 rivet wooden handle jobbies, was one in unsold here while back , thread had lot of knives for sake ,Was it sbo? The member ?

hudd4444

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2019
Kent
Framar knives have a Wilkinson Sword Dartmore in the pre-owned section.

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but thought I'd mention it.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I saw a modded one for sale a couple of months ago with antler scales but I can't remember where and can't find it.
These chaps have started reproducing them but a bit pricey

Sent from Somerset using magic
Nice but as you say a bit pricey

Reactions: swotty

nige1

Dec 9, 2012
Yorkshire
Hi. I have a really nice Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor survival knife complete with sheath and factory accessories. If you are interested please e/ mail me direct. Many thanks. Regards Nigel.

nige1

Dec 9, 2012
Yorkshire
probably not an authentic MOD Knife, but built to the same spec, may be worth a look

Not sure what you mean by authentic? It’s the genuine article made in Ltd numbers by Wilkinson sword, called the Dartmoor. Or is the other person wanting the basic wood/ epoxy handled chopper made for the military by a couple of sources Such as J Nowell or Wilkinson of which there are a few versions? The former are £200 plus whilst the choppers are around £70/80

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Not sure what you mean by authentic? It’s the genuine article made in Ltd numbers by Wilkinson sword, called the Dartmoor. Or is the other person wanting the basic wood/ epoxy handled chopper made for the military by a couple of sources Such as J Nowell or Wilkinson of which there are a few versions? The former are £200 plus whilst the choppers are around £70/80
I think Fadcode was referring to the knife in the link he posted rather than responding to you.
the OP appears to be after a type D knife, which is the forerunner to the MOD chopper

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Hi. I have a really nice Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor survival knife complete with sheath and factory accessories. If you are interested please e/ mail me direct. Many thanks. Regards Nigel.
How I lusted after that Wonder blade as a youth

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
How I lusted after that Wonder blade as a youth
Sorry to highjack but I felt the same way. Looking at a shop online(cant remember which one) for years but couldnt afford one. Eventually I ended up with 2. A standard and an all black(both sold) just before penrith survival closed down.

8JGnvw1l.jpg

yvxVvYGl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratbag and CLEM

nige1

Dec 9, 2012
Yorkshire
I think Fadcode was referring to the knife in the link he posted rather than responding to you.
the OP appears to be after a type D knife, which is the forerunner to the MOD chopper
Hi, sorry if I have misunderstood, the link didn’t open for me.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I have one of these from the 70's, scales secured with rifle screws not rivets, much more refined than the more recent version. I managed to get hold of it oiled and in its original packing in the issue box which I rather stupidly discarded. Still had a similar rubbish sheath so had to make my own.
A very different beast to the modern equivalent which I actually do own and use, once the handles are reshaped and a new sheath made again! Latest one shown in attached pics, the weight and friction with the crossguard keeps it in place. I may add a keeper strap if it needs it later on!

Good luck finding one.

Attachments

• 20201114_134542.jpg
    20201114_134542.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20201114_134551.jpg
    20201114_134551.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 33
  • 20201114_134603.jpg
    20201114_134603.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20201114_134637.jpg
    20201114_134637.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Sorry to highjack but I felt the same way. Looking at a shop online(cant remember which one) for years but couldnt afford one. Eventually I ended up with 2. A standard and an all black(both sold) just before penrith survival closed down.

8JGnvw1l.jpg

yvxVvYGl.jpg
Would that be the shop that succeeded Survival aids?....

Man I spent so much money on that magazine when I was a lad...that was a great source of survival and bushcraft items back in the '80s and '90s....ahhhh the memories

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: junglegusset

Nic 1084

Jan 21, 2013
Berkeley, Glos
Bloody hell, did not realise that these were so pricey these days.
Many many moons ago I was in the TA commando engineers and my regular job was collecting tax.... one of the companies i collected from was Wilkinson Sword..... I mentioned I fancied one of these and was sold one for a tenner (Survival Aids were selling them for 27 quid at the time in the early 80's) I carried it through my 5 years in the TA and 12 with the regulars and its still in my kit when i wild camp on my motorbike. The leather sheaf has died and a different one is in use, new bolts hold the original handle on..... It not the nicest knife, but it surely does what you ask of it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE