Wildwood coastal survival course Moidart

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
I was lucky enough to do a coastal survival course with Leon from wildwood last weekend.What a fantastic experience in a stunning part of the country.Leon proved not only to be great company but a real mine of information about all aspects of bushcraft and survival.

IMGP02341024x768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Leon retrieving a creel early with the help of a passing sea kayaker.
IMGP02161024x7682.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Some bell heather tea on the go,no tea or coffee or other brought in drinks allowed and I didn't miss them as much as I thought.
IMGP0223768x1024.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Not the cover from Rick stein's latest book but what we caught and foraged along the shore not far from camp.
Oysters,limpets,winkles,mackerel,seaweed,mussels and a shed load of crabs.No one went hungry on Saturday night.
IMGP02251024x768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Shore crabs just out of the pot,yum.Thats 20 quid in Padstow.

IMGP02301024x768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Oysters,mushrooms and seaweed cooked by myself brilliant.

IMGP02311024x768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Desalination of sea water.
This course was I think was a bit of a watershed moment for me I was always concerned about the dangers of shellfish etc but under instruction from Leon ive learned what to do and what no to.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Wildwood to anyone keen to see what can be done under the guidance of a real expert.Im just waiting for dates for the sea kayak/bushcraft course for next year and I don't think you can get a higher recommendation than a happy customer that cant wait to go back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE