Wildlife Photos...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
I'm quite new to photography, I've only just started taking my camera off auto and using the manual settings...
This is the camera I use and i've had it for about 4 years. It's a fuji Finepix s9500
fu_s9500f.jpg

I've taken some nice shots of the widlife around essex and recently i'm getting into macro photography.
Although not as good as some pictures i've seen on here, I'm quite proud of these shots and thought I would share them with you:

Macro Shots:
GrassHopper2.jpg

GreenSpider.jpg

HoverFlyResting.jpg

Flysx2.jpg

GrassHopper1.jpg

CabbageWhite.jpg

WoodSpider.jpg

moth.jpg

toad1.jpg

Puffball.jpg

Some of my favorite pictures so far... I've been very lucky to spot deer and an Otter:

BlackSwans.jpg

fallow7.jpg

fallow8.jpg

Otter2.jpg

Squirrel.jpg

MossyTree.jpg

Fungus.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
Great pictures,I love the Squirrel pic offroadmick.Thanks for sharing.

Darren

Bit of a cheat really with the squirrel.... It comes into my garden every day and knocks on the window for some nuts...!! In the summer he came all the way in, up my leg, and was eating nuts on my lap!!!!

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
how the hell did you get so close to those deer? were they sedated or were they the fibreglass ones from santas grotto lol
i love the squinting otter :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Great pics Mick. I especially like the harvestman. Always good to see a shot of them. And that otter is really cute.

But that first shot, of the grasshopper, is really stunning.

Well done.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
how the hell did you get so close to those deer? were they sedated or were they the fibreglass ones from santas grotto lol
i love the squinting otter :)

The deer were in a huge fenced off area of a country park... carrots and a zoom lens was all I needed!!!!

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
It certainly does pay off playing with the settings on your camera , but it also takes having an eye for a shot and a lot of patience .

great shots there Mick , keep up the good work .

Craig..................

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i love the frog shot it looks as though its got toenails all fantastic pictures though regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE