Wilderness Techniques book -2.99

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie

Forager
Feb 3, 2004
North Wales
You did well to pick that up for £2.99, if it's the same one that I have it cost me £5.99. Some good stuff in there although I don't agree with everything that they say.

It's a lot of book for £2.99 though.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I bought a copy. £2.99 at The Works a few weeks ago; also saw it for nigh on twenty quid at Waterstones!

It is written by a guy who has led a lot of overland expeditions abroad. It is very strong on expedition logistics, and a bit weak on bushcraft itself. Still well worth the money though

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
It's good for the expedition type stuff but suffers from 'Dorling Kindersley Syndrome' - ie, full of irrelevant photos.

For example, it mentions chocolate as an emergency food. Does it tell you how many calories and grams of protein carbohydrate and fat per hundred grammes? No. Does it tell you that it's better to buy Cadbury's in India rather than bring it with you as it is a)cheaper and b) has a higher melting point? No.

But it helpfully includes a photograph of a bar of chocolate, so you know what it looks like.

Grrr.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE