Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I've booked my tickets today. Jim my brother-in-law is going with me.

Who else is going for the full weekend?

Anybody go last year? Any info about the site would be good, best place to camp and so on?

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I got mine a couple of weeks back. I went last year too, camped in a clearing in the woods, small but select gathering there (no hoy-polloy)except the Cheltenham rep!!!
N1

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
thanks for reminding me to book tickets, wouldn't want to miss out, last year's was great although the clearing I ended up in had some people who, well, errrmm, OK, I'm not going to beat around the bush here.... they got drunk and stayed up till well after bed-time! I'm sure they even missed some of the classes :yikes: Like good military types though they did all troop off for shower and shave in the morning

couldn't tell you where's best to camp, arriving early would be a good idea though

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Justin Time said:
last year's was great although the clearing I ended up in had some people who, well, errrmm, OK, I'm not going to beat around the bush here.... they got drunk and stayed up till well after bed-time!
Is there much trouble? What's it like for taking kids to?

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Ooops! Thought Andrew was for real there! :oops:

I was a bit nervous about the gathering as I took the kids to a festival a couple years back that was a bit wild and we left after the first night...don't wanna go through that again! :shock:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I am planning to go with Val. I was hoping it would be a gentle intro into Bushcraft.

would you advise getting tickets as soon as? i dont fancy stumpting up the full cost so soon as i am buying a Moskoselkatan this month.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
what was that about the cheltonian hoy polloy? :-? :eek:):

kath, i think the only problems with kids were mostly due to the lack of parental direction :evil: comments were made, and it looks like there's some kid specific stuff this year. from a concerned parent point of view, there was no reason at all not to take kids. i'm sure your lot would love it. :cool:

cheers, and.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Cheers Sargey! That's a relief ... the kids will be well chuffed that they can go! :-D

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Wayne said:
would you advise getting tickets as soon as? i dont fancy stumpting up the full cost so soon as i am buying a Moskoselkatan this month.

I'm also not sure whether to buy a ticket now or not as I'm not sure if I would be able to get there, not having a car, but I don't want it to sell out before I decide. :-?

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
I'm in the same position as Stew - no car, and it's a bit far to cycle from Yorkshire to Wiltshire with a bergen on my back :lol:

There's a good chance that I'll be able to go as I've earnt lots of brownie points from my better half by looking after the kiddies while she's off for the weekend, and it's the weekend preceeding my birthday

I feel cheeky asking, but is there anyone who is going to the event that: lives near a train station; is travelling on by private vehicle; and who has space for a tiny bushcrafter-apprentice and his miniscule bergen? I'd be very happy to share expenses and even attempt to map-read...

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Boaty

There's a train station at the end of my road, and we'll be going down by car so you can tag along with us if you like :biggthump

BrutonW

Jun 16, 2004
I'm booking two places for the full weekend tonight. I'm going with my friend and don't know quite what to expect! Are there any other members going of my age? (15) Can't wait to go it sounds great. Could anyone tell me what last years gathering was like?

Will

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE