Wilderness Gathering....is anybody whatsoever from bcuk actually going?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Was a great day out and great to meet old faces and new :)

Spent too much again but had a great time too and it was all needed :)

I will let the stories come out in time, but Chris may have to explain his friday night antics to either the moderators or the police. :)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
This was lunch today , with very good company .

0042zs.jpg

Cheers Topknot

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Was a great day out and great to meet old faces and new :)

Spent too much again but had a great time too and it was all needed :)

I will let the stories come out in time, but Chris may have to explain his friday night antics to either the moderators or the police. :)

Not sure what you mean good sir!??
da C.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Made it there on Friday morning and had a great time wandering around, watched the latter stages of the deer gralloching, picked up a brilliant Austrian Army folding shovel for the jeep from Endicotts for seven quid (!), and a lovely wee spoon knife from Ben Orford. Had a good chat with Rob Evans and handled some of his knives, very impressed and will be putting an order in Rob once I am back in funds again at some stage !

Well worth a visit and glad I made the trip.

Cheers, Paul

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Chris all I will say is that is has something to do with what you were wearing on friday night next to Dace's forge :) from what I was informed by persons who were there :) and also after your little whirl in the red dress coat I can believe them :)

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
A great couple of days!
Went with the wife and kids on fri, and have to say my daughter loved playing on the pole lathe, defiantly her highlight of the day - big thanks to Ben and Lois.
Got to sneek back Saturday on my own for the demos and some chilling time. Really nice to put faces to the names and posts on the forum and I couldn't have wished for a warmer welcome from everyone. Great bunch of guys, lady and little one.
I must say you did cut a fine figure in the period red woollen smock/dress Chris:D
Thanks to Angst and Dave Budd for the tips on leatherwork and sharpening, and to Rob for introducing me to a new shiney (look forward to using later this week).

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
helloooooooooooo! got home about 10pm.....didnt want to leave!!! now looking thru the photos....not saying anything yet....all will be revealed! (well....not all....that would be illegal....and we all know who i'm talkin about!) lol! will try get write-up done tomorrow....

a

Well the Endicott Gimp turned up in a flash of smoke late Friday night at Dave Budds all night Iron BAR ( Pull up n anvil Get Hot ... Get Hammered at Dave's Iron Bar)
adorned in his usual Army Skrim Mankini

he sat in his Throne for a short time then disappeared off into the night mumbling something about Hunting down a Brace of lesser spotted Snow shoes That was the only known appearance this year maybe more next year

I only got a photo in the few seconds he was still before going of on his hunt

Endicottgimp.jpg

Last edited:

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
We had a good weekend and put faces to names which is alway good, great to meet you gents.
Special thanks to Duncan for just being a good bloke and sorting me out with stuff !
I think there was less people there than previous years thoe, could have done with filling the barn with a few more tables.
Next year we will have more time to organize and should have a better looking stall!

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Where did the time go? Wish I'd made more of an effort to locate more of you now.

Here's a fix for a coyote badge that's lost it's pin holder, not the best, made from one of the chips the bowmakers left, so I didn't know it was going to work out. (my excuse for how rough it is).

Attachments

• Coyote badge fix.JPG
    Coyote badge fix.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 5

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
We were camped next to each other all weekend!

I know. It sounds ridiculous. This trip for for the Mrs. so fitting her stuff in, getting the bits I was after, getting a couple of workshops in and running after the my youngest seemed to take up most of my time. Plus BCUK people don't necessarily stand out much from the rest of the clientele.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE