wild camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 18, 2015
teesside
Hi,
Me and my wife are just in the process of buying equipment and getting excited for our first wild camping in Scotland. Does anybody know any good spots? Ideally we are looking for a forest next to a river or good stream so we can set up camp for a couple of days before moving on, the stream would be a source for water and to pass the day gold panning. Thanks for any help

Steve

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Strathfillan wigwams at Tyndrum offer goldpanning as part of their camping. Other noted goldpanning spots can be found in the Leadhills 'round Dumfries-shire (though permissions from the estate would be needed.) Also the hills around Blackford in Perthshire have been known to offer up good amounts of gold. A couple of years back a couple got enough for their wedding bands.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Dec 18, 2015
teesside
Hi,
thanks for the reply's, i have just bought the Tyndrum OS Map, looks like thats the place we are going, thanks. Is it bad for midges in about april/may time? Cant wait

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Depends on the weather as to midge, but should be early enough in the year to avoid the bad times.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

whitebaby

Jan 3, 2016
London
Hi,
Me and my wife are just in the process of buying equipment and getting excited for our first wild camping in Scotland. Does anybody know any good spots? Ideally we are looking for a forest next to a river or good stream so we can set up camp for a couple of days before moving on, the stream would be a source for water and to pass the day gold panning. Thanks for any help

Steve
Hi Steve,
If you want to go wild camping,you need to take many things with you.Tent,backpack,sleep bag,cookware and so on.You need to do a best plan before you go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE