wild camping plus walk in soutth wales?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
hi everyone
Thinking of doing some wild camping and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I live in newport so would like it to be fairly near preferably with a bit of a scenic walk so i can park/walk/camp and return within a day?
any suggestions would be appreciated!
andy

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
head to mertha, go up to llwyn-on resevoir. cross the dam. several parking spaces along the road there. can even head up into the forest and there are some clearings next to the road where i pitch up when in the area. good for hammock hanging too if yyou are a swinger like me!

from there. head north up towards the brecon beacons. cut across the pass instead of going all the way to the top. heading easteward and slowly swinging round and heading down south back to pontsticill. fantastic pub there. not the one at the bottom of the hill, one at the top. amazing pub food and roaring fire to dry stuff on. theyve actually just opened a bunk house there and will be renting out mountain bikes soon too.

then you can walk back round to the car after that across the open land. bit boggy but if you skirt round the edge youll be fine.

im in KL airport at the moment but can send you an actual route on google maps if you want one when i get back this week.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi andyxedos i live in cwmcarn myself the big labowski and harvestman sometimes get together for a meet theres always room for one more if you fancy it let us know regards dave

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
You are just down the road from the Wye Valley walk... Now there's a place to spend a day out :)

If you want parking details, feel free to PM.

al.

Feb 19, 2011
Chelmsford
Any one know of any where near Cwmbran or Abergavenny that also wild/ bushcraft camping?? (fires & the like) looking seen some site down towards Neath & Brecon but this is to far as restricted by public transport.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE