"Wild" camping and air rifle shooting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
Looks like a nice simple way to get into it, depends how popular/busy it is i suppose; nothing like rabbit cooked on a fire tho :D bookmarked myself

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I have not been there for a few years, it is a great place, but IIRC the rabbit population was pretty thin on the ground.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I have taken up, and I am getting pretty good at air rifle shooting. I am not ready to take rabbits yet but hope to be by next summer.

No knowledge of the site, but your sentiments in the above are admirable. Too many people start threads about taking game with catapults or pistols with little in the way of skill in the weapons. Good on you for learning to shoot.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good on you for learning to shoot proficiently first! No experience of the place personally but plenty of airgun experience :) what I can say about getting good (or rather confident) enough to shoot live quarry is take your scope off. Learn to shoot with open sights until you can drive nails with it (and I mean literally, drawing pins make great targets) then fling the scope back on. What setup are you using?

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
At the moment its a .22 Crossman Phantom, springer. Saving up for a BSA R10 Mk2, PcP, and I think I will go .177 with that.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
mick91 makes a good point = a scope is a crutch. While I'd advocate open sights, never forget that open sights, as supplied, are dreadful.
They are supplied with so much excess metal that you are expected to trim/prune/file some metal away for your shooting accuracy.
Do you understand that? The so-called excess metal is there for your benefit.

In a past life, I shot some target .22cal stuff, the pistols were $2,000.00 to $6,000.00 each.
The sights were crap = jeweller's files and a little acetylene torch made all the difference.
That was the intention of the gunsmiths.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE